The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9220
Original post by haz864
And why should he come in and replace Wenger?

His track record speaks for itself I doubt he'd want to come anyway.
Reply 9221
JK.
OP
Original post by Kevmeister
Chamakh's on Robinson was equally as bad....

As for supporting Wenger, that'd just encourage him to keep the project going on the same, trophyless path it's gone down for six seasons now.

Chamakh fell into Robinson after slipping, it was an accidental knock on the knee and nothing more. Like the referee, you've let the respective reactions influence you there, imo.
Chamakh's on Robinson was equally as bad....

Are you joking or just taking the piss?

He quite clearly slipped while challenging the player who was actually on the ball at the time.
Reply 9223
Original post by MoMatrix
His track record speaks for itself I doubt he'd want to come anyway.

Fine he has won the Champions League, but he has never managed a team outside Switzerland and Germany! He will not do a better job then Wenger in my opinion!
Reply 9224
JK.
OP
Original post by haz864
People are saying replace Wenger, but who will replace him? People have to think before they talk!

Villas Boas would be my number one pick, best to snap him up now before he goes somewhere else.
Reply 9225
Original post by haz864
Fine he has won the Champions League, but he has never managed a team outside Switzerland and Germany! He will not do a better job then Wenger in my opinion!

Mourinho didn't manage outside of Portugal before he came to England..............
Reply 9226
JK.
OP
Original post by haz864

Wenger was managing in Japan having previously only managed in France when he came to us...
Reply 9227
Mourinho didn't manage outside of Portugal before he came to England..............

As an Arsenal fan, I have to admit Mourinho is really 1/1000000 person. He really is the special one. Mourinho is different.
Reply 9228
Original post by JK.
Wenger was managing in Japan having previously only managed in France when he came to us...

I can understand where everyone is coming from but at the end of the day, we should stick with Wenger. Because of what he has done before this 6 year drought, he should be given another season at least.
Original post by JK.
Chamakh fell into Robinson after slipping, it was an accidental knock on the knee and nothing more. Like the referee, you've let the respective reactions influence you there, imo.

I watched it, and it was a bad challenge. He was in control, just lacking in it. Fell into Robinson? How does that work?

Defend the Arsenal players but knock everybody else. :gasp:
Reply 9230
Original post by haz864
I can understand where everyone is coming from but at the end of the day, we should stick with Wenger. Because of what he has done before this 6 year drought, he should be given another season at least.

No time is up for him really, I wanted him sacked after last season tbh.
Reply 9231
No time is up for him really, I wanted him sacked after last season tbh.

I have to disagree, Wenger will show us all. He well do it. In Wenger I trust (y)
Reply 9232
JK.
OP
Original post by haz864

Yeh, but it's always another season and nothing changes during that time.

I watched it, and it was a bad challenge. He was in control, just lacking in it. Fell into Robinson? How does that work?

Defend the Arsenal players but knock everybody else. :gasp:

He wasn't in control, he slipped, the momentum of his movement prior to the slip led him to collide with Robinson, it was unintentional, considering the contact that was made it was never going to do any harm and it didn't affect the play. I don't see how you think I'm defending the Arsenal players when I've said we don't do nearly enough to stick up for ourselves and it only invites that kind of decision, it's our fault as much as anything else.
Original post by haz864

Lets face it, any other manager at any other club (maybe except SAF) would have been sacked by this time. I just think Arsenal pride themselves too much on having such a long serving manager that they can't bring themselves to sack him. It's probably why the board hasn't done it yet, and why we're yet to see protests by fans waving huge banners begging him to leave. Nobody has the guts.
Reply 9234
Original post by Isometrix
Lets face it, any other manager at any other club (maybe except SAF) would have been sacked by this time. I just think Arsenal pride themselves too much on having such a long serving manager that they can't bring themselves to sack him. It's probably why the board hasn't done it yet, and why we're yet to see protests by fans waving huge banners begging him to leave. Nobody has the guts.

Protesting for him to leave would be pretty disgusting after what he did for Arsenal,I think the board need to make a decision in the best interests for the club and move him upstairs.
Reply 9235
JK.
OP
It's not about priding ourselves on a long serving manager its about recognising what he's done for the club during that time and wrt the board, whilst we're still getting in the CL and not spending silly money, they won't moan.
Kroenke backed Wenger, and because there's fans willing and ready to pay for the highest priced season tickets of any sport in the world, nothing will change. Kroenke also said the club would continue down the same path [blah blah, custodian BS], ergo there won't be massive spending.
Reply 9237
Original post by Isometrix

He doesn't desereve to be sacked. Many fans will argue he should, but many fans will belive he shouldn't.
How about Guardiola to replace Wenger? Seems like a ready-made replacement to me. Similar type of football and Guardiola is unlikely to stay at Barca after next season. Might even get Arsenal to press higher like Barca.

Can't believe some of the suggestions on here. Wenger will NOT spend big in the summer. This is clearly a transitional period for Arsenal with the debt from the new stadium. The main priority for Arsene will be to finish in the top four every season which he is doing with considerable ease.

Anyone else feel this team has overachieved? Average age is only around 24 so they're still to reach their peak. If Arsenal can keep hold of their key players then in around 3-4 years this team should be able to win something. Doesn't help when teams around them are spending ridiculous amounts of money which is being financed by ***** who are ruining football.
Reply 9239
Original post by WhatIsAUsername?
How about Guardiola to replace Wenger? Seems like a ready-made replacement to me. Similar type of football and Guardiola is unlikely to stay at Barca after next season. Might even get Arsenal to press higher like Barca.

Can't believe some of the suggestions on here. Wenger will NOT spend big in the summer. This is clearly a transitional period for Arsenal with the debt from the new stadium. The main priority for Arsene will be to finish in the top four every season which he is doing with considerable ease.

Anyone else feel this team has overachieved? Average age is only around 24 so they're still to reach their peak. If Arsenal can keep hold of their key players then in around 3-4 years this team should be able to win something. Doesn't help when teams around them are spending ridiculous amounts of money which is being financed by ***** who are ruining football.

This view amuses me. Arsenal fans have been saying this for years now. They always seem to have a good young squad that won't win anything, and then you'll hear people say in a few years time once they've matured they'll win stuff but that never happens.

Latest