The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Blame

I'm just happy we got a replay out of it, although i feel with a little bit more time we could of got a winner, Walcott living up to his name as the impact sub.

he could have won it in the ends though :rolleyes:
finishing was pretty rubbish throughout

btw does anyone know how i can get tickets for the replay without being an arsenal member :confused:
Reply 1021
Original post by MoMatrix
Fabregas is too good for your club.He needs to come to a club like Inter.

Inter? Who? Oh, Inter. The team we demolished 5-1 at the San Siro in 2003.

Meh.
Reply 1022
Original post by rhinger
Inter? Who? Oh, Inter. The team we demolished 5-1 at the San Siro in 2003.

Meh.

You seem to forget when we thumped you 3-0 at Highbury
Yeah,the team who are Italian,European and World champions.
You seem to forget when we thumped you 3-0 at Highbury
Yeah,the team who are Italian,European and World champions.

and the team who are s**t this season :rolleyes:
Reply 1024
Original post by Billa Bong
and the team who are s**t this season :rolleyes:

As s*** as we are.We are a bigger club and Fabregas coming to the San Siro would be a step up/
As s*** as we are.We are a bigger club and Fabregas coming to the San Siro would be a step up/

I highly doubt you are even Italian and are therefore a plastic fan, so STFU.
Reply 1026
Original post by TheLouisVuittonDon

OK, I am so sorry I am not Italian therefore I have no right to be a fan of Inter.
Reply 1027

Not being from the country where a club's located in doesn't make you a plastic fan.

I probably own more Arsenal jerseys and scarves more than you, and I probably sing more Arsenal chants, at the risk of being looked at like a drunk idiot in pubs when games start all the way at 1 a.m. in Hong Kong.

So no, not all ..er.. foreigners.. are plastic fans, you bigoted dumb****.
Fabregas wouldn't be interested in Inter anyway, it's Arsenal or Barca for him.
this is what it says on leeds site, "90th min penalty ensures gunners scrape draw"...SCRAPE...we were all over them apart from the 10min spell in which they scored the goal

btw do you guys know whose site i would buy the tickets for elland road replay??

Yes you did scrape a draw. 1-1 against a championship team is pathetic for a team like Arsenal at home. Scoring in the dying seconds of normal time is what I call a scrape.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by rhinger
Not being from the country where a club's located in doesn't make you a plastic fan.

I probably own more Arsenal jerseys and scarves more than you, and I probably sing more Arsenal chants, at the risk of being looked at like a drunk idiot in pubs when games start all the way at 1 a.m. in Hong Kong.

So no, not all ..er.. foreigners.. are plastic fans, you bigoted dumb****.

LOL ok I could have maybe worded it better, I just wanted to shut up the idiot who came in the thread with a really pointless message. You don't go to more matches than me, though. :wink:
OK, I am so sorry I am not Italian therefore I have no right to be a fan of Inter.

You saw who the best team in Italy were at one point and decided to become a fan of them.

Original post by Genocidal
Yes you did scrape a draw. 1-1 against a championship team is pathetic for a team like Arsenal at home. Scoring in the dying seconds of normal time is what I call a scrape.

Did Leeds deserve anything from the match though? I'm pretty certain they didn't.
Reply 1033
Arsenal are so frustrating :frown: Meh
Another frustrating performance. If Arshavin had turned up and Bendtner was a half the player he thinks he we wouldn't be needing a replay. Djourou was good again though.

also, Alex Song reminds of the Yeti from Monsters Inc.

btw does anyone know how i can get tickets for the replay without being an arsenal member :confused:

Have already looked (am a student in Leeds) and you can't, the Arsenal allocation is only available to members. First to members of the Away scheme, then Platinum, Gold, Silver and finally Red. Even basic members are at the back of a long queue.

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/172382/first-team/leeds-v-arsenal?tab=tickets
Original post by KingMessi

Djourou. Not good enough.

Nah he is.
Did Leeds deserve anything from the match though? I'm pretty certain they didn't.

Of course they did. They managed to keep Arsenal out of the Leeds goal and earn a draw when Arsenal had the likes of Fabregas on the pitch. Games are not decided by how much possession a team has so Leeds did deserve the result.
I thought that Djourou was one of Arsenal's more assured performers today; he keeps such a cool head in defence and has a great way of playing the ball out of trouble without risk or panic. I'm certainly a big fan.
Original post by Genocidal
Of course they did. They managed to keep Arsenal out of the Leeds goal and earn a draw when Arsenal had the likes of Fabregas on the pitch. Games are not decided by how much possession a team has so Leeds did deserve the result.

I take your point but it would be a tall order for Fabregas alone to turn around that mediocre first half performance.
Arsenal had 13 shots on target, 10 off target. Leeds had 2 on target, 4 off.
Now there are at least two ways of looking at those stats: 1. Arsenal were extremely unlucky not to get more than one of those 13 on target shots in the net, or 2. Leeds defended extremely well.
Personally, a mix of the two.
I think a draw was a fair result, though disappointing as an Arsenal fan.
Reply 1039
LOL ok I could have maybe worded it better, I just wanted to shut up the idiot who came in the thread with a really pointless message. You don't go to more matches than me, though. :wink:

I'm sorry for the harsh words too, haha. I was and still am frustrated with the result...

Latest