The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LufcEllandRoad
No it doesn't. You could have gotten a ticket for the leeds game quite easily.

but even though its 'so difficult' getting tickets for home games your club can't take 5000 away

You are an Arsenal fan by definition, not a supporter.

It is not difficult to get tickets, Im looking at Arsenals site now and it shows you have tickets left for Huddersfield and Everton in 2 weeks time available. Yeah, really difficult getting tickets isn't it <facepalm> Infact the only home league game sold out is the one coming up on saturday.

Get yourself to a few games (Y)

Not quite. The Arsenal allocation barely reached general sale and getting through to the Leeds website or phone was a nightmare as they went into meltdown.
Getting to games isn't always about choice but opportunity, supporting your local team obviously makes these opportunities more frequent for you but being at Uni in Leeds, living in the midlands and supporting a team from the south makes life a tad difficult. I'm hoping Huddersfield take us to a replay for this reason.
Reply 1921
itt, insecure loser fans tryin to justify how much they luv arsenal

I LUV ARSENAL MOARRRRRR :mad:
Reply 1922
JK.
OP
Original post by voodoomagic
Not quite. The Arsenal allocation barely reached general sale and getting through to the Leeds website or phone was a nightmare as they went into meltdown.
Getting to games isn't always about choice but opportunity, supporting your local team obviously makes these opportunities more frequent for you but being at Uni in Leeds, living in the midlands and supporting a team from the south makes life a tad difficult. I'm hoping Huddersfield take us to a replay for this reason.

Really? We've already got a potential 8 games next month, after this, a 9 game month, you really think it's worth risking a few of our top players in such a crammed and important part of the season? :s-smilie:

As for our **** support, not a bad following for an away FA cup youth game, is it?

We aren't trying to say we love Arsenal more than each other, we're just trying to clarify that we have as much right to call ourselves fans as any hooligans who happen to spend all their benefits going to matches and moaning about the manager. :dontknow:
Reply 1924
JK.
OP
Vermie potentially back in 6 weeks. :coma: :coma: :coma:
Original post by JK.
Really? We've already got a potential 8 games next month, after this, a 9 game month, you really think it's worth risking a few of our top players in such a crammed and important part of the season? :s-smilie:

As for our **** support, not a bad following for an away FA cup youth game, is it?

[image]

I think my happiness is worth putting our squad's always fragile fitness on the line for yes. I'm selfish like that.
Can't wait. :sogood:
Reply 1927
JK.
OP
I see. :colonhash:

We crumbled in the youth cup game, lost 2-1. :facepalm2:
Reply 1928
Original post by JK.
I see. :colonhash:

We crumbled in the youth cup game, lost 2-1. :facepalm2:

It has infected the youth team as well? Nice to see you'll still be crumbling in years to come :h:
Reply 1929
JK.
OP
Original post by Louis.
It has infected the youth team as well? Nice to see you'll still be crumbling in years to come :h:

Our reserves are a pile of crumble, too. We're ****ed. :sad:
JET will save everything. And Frimpong.
Reply 1931
JK.
OP
Original post by Colonel.
JET will save everything. And Frimpong.

Future England captain. :coma:
Original post by LufcEllandRoad
I was there, were you? No, just like the rest of your glory hunting lot other than the 3000 real fans there.

We gave you 5000 tickets, you immediately sent back 1800 of them and just about sold the 3000 left a couple of days before the game, how on earth a top 4 side getting 60k at home couldn't sell 5000 tickets is beyond me.

I've been to elland road 8 times this season, your vocal support was dire, and i was sat right next to the arsenal fans. Did you not see our full ground WACCOE with the shirts and scarves in the air all round the ground?

I'll ask again, how many times has Elland Road been sold out this season? How many away games have you been to this season?

Apologies if a 4 hour trip to play a Championship side midweek in the 3rd round of the FA Cup isn't at the top of Arsenal fans priorities
A Championship side away in the FA Cup is an excellent away game for most top PL club supporters - but it's a weekday and 3000 is still quite a good showing.
Original post by JK.
A couple of months ago...

:shh:

Very much looking forward to it. :teeth:

I'm sure he'll be allowed. :yep:

Oh, I apologise, he must be a world class finisher then :rolleyes:
Reply 1935
JK.
OP
Original post by Concern'd Viewer
Oh, I apologise, he must be a world class finisher then :rolleyes:

Never said he was, just saying it wasn't lucky.
Original post by JK.
Never said he was, just saying it wasn't lucky.

Well, we'll agree to disagree. The fact is you don't see him trying those shots very often as 99/100 times, he knows that he'll miss them.
Reply 1937
JK.
OP
Original post by Concern'd Viewer
Well, we'll agree to disagree. The fact is you don't see him trying those shots very often as 99/100 times, he knows that he'll miss them.

That's your opinion, not fact, perhaps it's because as a full back, he rarely finds himself in such positions without an opposing player blocking any potential shot? Also, I don't see how you can say he'll miss 99/100 given he's scored 2 such goals in the last 2 months. But on the point of luck, yes, we'll agree to disagree.
Passing up a shooting opportunity is considered the Arsenal style of football. There are lots of players who seem to have a powerful shot but don't shoot very often. Sagna is one of them, Nasri and Wilshere are others. It has nothing to do with being scared of missing and everything to do with what the manager tells them to do. Chamakh does take it to the extreme though and he actually does need to man up.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1939
JK.
OP
Looks like Rambo's going back to Cardiff on loan for the rest of the season. :holmes:

Latest