can someone tell me how?????

thanks
Look here.
guest1984
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
the avator i tried to d/l is too large, i tried to make it smaller using gif work, problem is , the pic i want d/l is a jpg file...........

any ideas?
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by guest1984)
the avator i tried to d/l is too large, i tried to make it smaller using gif work, problem is , the pic i want d/l is a jpg file...........

any ideas?
Hmm, try searching google for jpeg image resizing online. You can ask ollie aswell he'll probably size it down for you.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
there is a way to use a larger 100x100 pixel piccie but if I told you Ollie may kill me
guest1984
Rep:
?
oh come on!!! u know u want to
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
oh come on!!! u know u want to
its just exploiting a fault in the way you choose both avatar and profile picture, cos the poor thing gets confused. I think that the problem has been fixed tho, and even if you do use a larger picture you'll just be told to get rid of it.

would love to help, but my hands are tied , soz.
a_musical_guy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Just open up Paintbrush, select Attributes from the image menu and change the 2 numbers to 50. Design a little picture, click on File, Save As, Save As Type and select JPEG. Once it's saved to your desktop, you should be able to upload it from the UK-learning control panel.
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by a_musical_guy)
Just open up Paintbrush, select Attributes from the image menu and change the 2 numbers to 50. Design a little picture, click on File, Save As, Save As Type and select JPEG. Once it's saved to your desktop, you should be able to upload it from the UK-learning control panel.
thats what i ended up doing... hence why we only see a little of hello kitty's cuteness, but then again she could just be popping u o say "hello".... omg, that made me laugh. I really need sleep
guest1984
Rep:
?
damn, i don't have paintbrush!! :mad:

i have corel draw 8............
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

you don't have Paint?!! Good god man... oh, u got a Mac, in which case I'll let you off. Ah, the joys of muckin around on Paint
guest1984
Rep:
?
oh sod it, i can't do it :mad:

off to bed now
Ollie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago

corals great, go to new, set the size to 50x50. copy and paste and resize/ draw something.

file--> export export it as a jpeg.

done
_EMMA_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
maybe there should be a sticky thread for how you change your avatar and how the rep system works. those questions are beeing frequently asked when somebody joins the forum.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by _EMMA_)
maybe there should be a sticky thread for how you change your avatar and how the rep system works. those questions are beeing frequently asked when somebody joins the forum.
Ollie is putting together a new FAQ which covers all of these. Look in the 'about' subforum to see a prototype version.
Amy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
will some1 tell me how to upload ur own avatar (in detail) right from findin the pic u want??
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
will some1 tell me how to upload ur own avatar (in detail) right from findin the pic u want??
If you have an avatar of the correct size prepared (50x50 pixels or less), then click User CP at the top right of the main screen, then select 'avatar'.

From there, click 'yes' where it says use custom avatar, then click 'browse' where it says You can upload an avatar from your computer. Simply browse to where the picture is located and select it. When you've chosen it, click submit modifications.
Amy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
If you have an avatar of the correct size prepared (50x50 pixels or less), then click User CP at the top right of the main screen, then select 'avatar'.

From there, click 'yes' where it says use custom avatar, then click 'browse' where it says You can upload an avatar from your computer. Simply browse to where the picture is located and select it. When you've chosen it, click submit modifications.
how do u go about savin it in the first place, and how do u change the size if neccessary?
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ~*glitter*~)
how do u go about savin it in the first place, and how do u change the size if neccessary?
Use a programme like Coral or somesuch. Ask Ollie next time he's around and I'm sure that he'll do it for you.
Amy
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Use a programme like Coral or somesuch. Ask Ollie next time he's around and I'm sure that he'll do it for you.
thanx for the help
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1111)
79.07%
Leave (294)
20.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed