Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi there,
    Well my boyfriend broke up with me a good few months back. Was quite harsh when breaking up, insulted me a bit, and generally made me feel very rubbish, even though when I asked what I could have done better he couldnt really come up with anything constructive... so insulted me again... but said we could still be friends. We came back to uni (we're on the same course, but had been together for a while before uni started). Over the summer he contacted me once to ask how results went- and then just a random time to ask me a question I'm sure he already new the answer to. Anyway, we came back to uni and he seemed really uncomfortable around me, wouldn't look at me, or speak to me and basically tried to avoid all contact with me. When drunk he'd stand there and glare at me if I came anywhere near him, he seemed to try and get with some girls in the first term but failed. A few weeks on my close friend (my now bf) asked my ex how he was feeling about everything; he said that it was a lot harder then he'd thought to come back and be friends with me, he thought everything would be much easier. My mate then said "it seems like you still care a lot for each other though" and my ex agreed that we did.
    I don't understand wht his problem is. We never fell out- I've been nice to him since we've come back, t's not like I've gone out of my way to be nasty. oh- also, he's started being a bit funny with my new boyfriend - ie won't talk to him as much any more (they're in the same friendship group)... the other week we came to a party together (me and new bf) my ex saw us arrive and immediately left?
    I'm just slightly confused - there doesnt seem any need for it all, as I've told him I dont hold anything against him and jsut want to move on and be friends! :s

any guys have any idea what's going on in his head?
    cheers x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.