Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Further maths A Level Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about taking both maths and further maths for my A levels. I've heard further maths is very difficult. Has anyone taken or is thinking about taking it? Is it a lot more difficult than maths? Also, do you think it'd suit me if I'm planning to do PPE at university?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    yeah I take further Maths and I completed my full A level maths in my AS and I can tell you this YES it is a lot more difficult than A level Maths. Actually A level maths seems like a piece of cake now infront of this
    but its not impossible if you keep at it and keep practicing you can do it

ReputationRep:
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    It is harder than normal maths but I don't think it'd be particularly relevant if you're thinking of doing PPE. Although, it will probably be useful when you're doing economics.

ReputationRep:
    It is SO much harder than normal maths. If you can get an 90%+ in maths in your sleep, then you can get an A at further maths, but if you're an A not A* student in normal maths, I don't think you much chance of getting an A at further maths... so yes, it is hard.

ReputationRep:
    What does the A2 and AS course for Further Mathematics involve?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by futuredoc77)
    It is SO much harder than normal maths. If you can get an 90%+ in maths in your sleep, then you can get an A at further maths, but if you're an A not A* student in normal maths, I don't think you much chance of getting an A at further maths... so yes, it is hard.
    I just noticed your sig and that is crazy. All those A*s and As and you didn't get an offer. You obviously have the ability to do medicine and I'm sure you have the passion if you wanna do it so much. Good luck this year I hope you get offers coz yeah life sucks!

ReputationRep:
    It's very commendable to have Further Maths for PPE, but not necessary. If you think you can handle it, by all means do it. It'll be a hard slog though, I'm finding straight Maths hard enough as it is.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.