The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 Exam Paper January 2011 14/01/11

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
This is S2 but i don't know what exam board the OP meant
Original post by mattypb
why 4:30 AM?

Original post by imzir
why 4.30 am - people who did s1 posted thread already.

There was an OP who did post some exam infomation. This is not allowed, so it will be moderated. Since Edexcel is international people all over the world take these exams so people could still be taking it! So No discussion until 4:30 Am tommorow!
I think because S2 edexcel is afternoon session today so discussions open from 4.30AM:wink:
Original post by mattypb
This is S2 but i don't know what exam board the OP meant

Sorry this is Edexcel S2
Reply 224
Original post by QuantumOverlord
Sorry this is Edexcel S2

Ah ok. I've just done OCR S2 and i haven't found a thread for that.

EDIT: just found one :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
i took the exam today bbut have already forgotten what was in the exam... :s-smilie:

after you can post about the exam, will there be a PDF document to reffresh my memory?
Original post by bluecrimson
i took the exam today bbut have already forgotten what was in the exam... :s-smilie:

after you can post about the exam, will there be a PDF document to reffresh my memory?

usually someone posts an unofficial mark sceme. That may or may not happen.
Original post by QuantumOverlord
usually someone posts an unofficial mark sceme. That may or may not happen.

i'd prefer the question paper but that will be good too
Thanks for not discussing guys, but I need to lock the thread for now. S1 had a thread similar and they didn't do so well on the "not discussing" part so other users may do this too. Apologies :blush:

I might see if I can wake up at half 4 just to open this for you as a thank you.
Reply 229
Heyyyy so are we allowed to discuss about the s2 exam now ??????????
Ohh yeahh so it's open now :biggrin:
Let's discuss:biggrin::biggrin:

No one is actually online right now :frown:
How's your paper
warkan
----
(edited 13 years ago)
How's your paper everyone??:tongue:
Reply 232
I thought the paper was okay...just thaat 5 marker where 40 observations and stuff? i didn't get that one...and i don't remember any answers!!!! lol
Original post by warkan
I thought the paper was okay...just thaat 5 marker where 40 observations and stuff? i didn't get that one...and i don't remember any answers!!!! lol

Yeahh that one first I was blank too but then I thought of this.
X--U[-1,3]
it said something 40 observations find probability of at least 10 is negative so I found out P(X=negative)=P(X<0)=0-(-1)*1/4=0.25

Then Y--B(40,0.25) find P(Y>=10)
If that looks fine:tongue:

And how about the multiple choice question where they said to do one-tailed test, did you do alternative hyp more than or less then?? I got confused on that question:mad: I did more then (p>0.2) and X=4 dint fall in critical region so I wrote "Teacher's claim is WRONG".
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 234
Original post by cazzy-joe
X--U[-1,3]
it said something 40 observations find probability of at least 10 is negative so I found out P(X=negative)=P(X<0)=0-(-1)*1/4=0.25

And how about the multiple choice question where they said to do one-tailed test, did you do alternative hyp more than or less then?? I got confused on that question:mad: I did more then (p>0.2) and X=4 dint fall in critical region so I wrote "Teacher's claim is WRONG".

omg it looks right...i got till p being 0.25 and den i didn't know i had to use the table!!!! :redface:

oh yeah i did greater than also...you cant do less than cuz then the probability would be something around like 0.9853(random) and actual level of significance was 5% ..so it wouldn't make sense using less than.. I said the teachers claim was wrong too....:smile:
Reply 235
One of the hypothesis question the lambda was 8 right ??
Original post by warkan
One of the hypothesis question the lambda was 8 right ??

Yeahh 8
Last question where they ask to find E(X), did you get 4.8???
Reply 237
Yeahh 8
Last question where they ask to find E(X), did you get 4.8???

In that lambda question did u reject H0 because there was sufficient evidence??

and last question yeah i got 4.8 also i think... and the probably of it being less than 5 or smtin ? i got 4 numbers on both denominator and numerator..smtin like 2345/3456

and for the last one did u find 1-(p(x=0)+p(x=1)) ?
Reply 238
I couldnt understand the 2nd question one bit :s-smilie:
Reply 239
X--U[-1,3]

Sorry if this post doesn't make sense but I just woke up so I thought I would post.... Those were the two questions I was also not sure about. I did the uniform as a Binomial though as well :smile:! I couldn't think of any other way to work it out and that just seemed right to me.

I thought the MC was a bit odd. I actually did p<0.2 because I thought if she was guessing surely the probability would be less? If she was cheating or something maybe the probability would be more...... It's early in the morning! I got 0.9672 which I didn't think was right so not sure about that one?!

Can't remember if there was a 2 tailed test in the paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending