The Student Room Group

Edexcel S2 Exam Paper January 2011 14/01/11

Scroll to see replies

Original post by snowflakesblues
A HUGE load of people seems to have done that. Either 1 or none at all

i got the hypothesis wrong..i said H1 p not equal to 0.2...and in the end i said not to reject Ho which was p = 0.2
Original post by Ultimate1
I don't think it'll go as high as 65, probably ~ 63 that question 2 was a weird one.

wht do u mean?
Reply 442
I think i will loose around 10 marks.. :s would that cost me an A ? :frown:
Original post by Geniusmiss
i got the hypothesis wrong..i said H1 p not equal to 0.2...and in the end i said not to reject Ho which was p = 0.2

Oh dear, um once you state your null hypothesis and alternative wrongly. I don't think the rest will follow through. Sorry. :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by warkan
I think i will loose around 10 marks.. :s would that cost me an A ? :frown:

Doubt it, 65 should be AT least an A. And if you take a look at the previous grade boundaries, they don't actually go any higher than 65 for an A. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 445
If it is the same as the last few tests, then every mark dropped will equate to about 2 ums
Reply 446
People who go on the student room now and post must have done reasonably well. If i had done really bad( which i probably have knowing me) i wouldnt bother saying it on the student room. So hope isnt lost for normal grade boundaries
Reply 447
Original post by ngan_ta2001
Question 2 in the unofficial markscheme : there is not enough evidence to say that she is guessing.... if I said there is enough evidence to say that she is cheating and the teacher's claim is right, is it the same thing????

Technically guessing isn't cheating.... But I think you wouldn't get the mark, because your not really testing if the student is CHEATING, you are doing that the student is Guessing, but its upto the examiners and not me...

Anyway here my answers compared to the Unofficial one posted earlier:

1. I think I did pretty much well, hopefully full marks, can't remember all the answers, but I hope I am right

2. Got everything right except that I said that insufficient reason that the student is guessing [I kind of got confused at times...

3. Hopefully I got the last part right, can't remember the question. But on 3c), would it do if I worked out E(X²) via intergration?

4. Got it all correct this time, thanks. Better Hypnothesis question than Q2. I'd say.

5. a) What I said for this question is that, when X = 0, f(x) = 4, so that's where I got the number from. Then Between 0<x<0.5, f(x) moves from 4 to 0, so I said like 0.5k=-4x, then k=-8k.
5. c) - Failed to notice that one of them is not on the range, noticed after my friend said it
5. e) - said negative instead of positive.

6. Pretty much done well I believe

7. c) I did 1 - P(X<5) so done intergration between 0-5 and worked it out from there.
7. d) Hope it will be a follow-through from part C)

Hopefully I will just about get a A, which I really want....

EDIT: Just noticed I think I done Part 7.c wrong...
EDIT 2: Just calculated I got 68/75 on first impressions
(edited 13 years ago)
Oh dear, um once you state your null hypothesis and alternative wrongly. I don't think the rest will follow through. Sorry. :frown:

omg no way :'(
Reply 449
Doubt it, 65 should be AT least an A. And if you take a look at the previous grade boundaries, they don't actually go any higher than 65 for an A. :smile:

hopefully!!! fingers crossed!!! but it looks like everyone found this paper REALLY easyy...i thought there were about 6-8 marks which were hard to get :s
Original post by warkan
hopefully!!! fingers crossed!!! but it looks like everyone found this paper REALLY easyy...i thought there were about 6-8 marks which were hard to get :s

I did not find it easy!! O_O! Even though I think I lost only about 3 marks. But I have to admit, it was NOT easy! :eek: You had to think about the distributions to use. And it's really easy to make a silly marks when they ask probabilities like "At least" or "Given that"..personally I found it hard...so I'm also hoping for low grade boundaries! :biggrin:
can someone tell me if the unnoficial mark scheme is of s2 is out yet?
Reply 452
Original post by Ravikhabar
can someone tell me if the unnoficial mark scheme is of s2 is out yet?

Check a few pages back and you'll see it.
I think it was a really good paper except Q2 which i (think) i got wrong!! I did:

H0 : p=0.2
H1 : p <.2

p(x<=4)

x~b(10,.2)
Looked up in the table....

got 0.96 something
0.96>0.05
so i accepted the h0.

How many marks will i get for this??Thanks
Reply 454
Original post by goodboy4444
I think it was a really good paper except Q2 which i (think) i got wrong!! I did:

H0 : p=0.2
H1 : p &lt;.2

p(x&lt;=4)

x~b(10,.2)
Looked up in the table....

got 0.96 something
0.96&gt;0.05
so i accepted the h0.

How many marks will i get for this??Thanks

2/3 out of 5, as you stated the hypothesises (2 marks) and said to accept the H0
Original post by cpdavis
2/3 out of 5, as you stated the hypothesises (2 marks) and said to accept the H0

So i will get a(or 2) mark for the hypothesis even if i have stated H1 : p< .2??Thanks:smile:
Reply 456
Original post by goodboy4444
So i will get a(or 2) mark for the hypothesis even if i have stated H1 : p&lt; .2??Thanks:smile:

Sorry, I saw your sign wrong, you would only get 1 mark but you should get the method mark for the calculations as you were consistant
Reply 457
Here it is as one PDF, Sorry it isn't the best of qualities... http://bit.ly/fmoryQ

(This is made by Gibbo81, I just compiled it)
Reply 458
Original post by Geniusmiss
for 6e i used P(Z<15....) because i thot since it was <...15 was alright...although i did it 14.5 way and then crossed it out...will i get any marks at alll?

As lomg as the rest of your solution is fine you can expect to lose 2 or 3 marks.
Reply 459
Original post by techiegsy
Here it is as one PDF, Sorry it isn't the best of qualities... http://bit.ly/fmoryQ

(This is made by Gibbo81, I just compiled it)

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending