Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best Jay-Z/ Outkast Album Watch

ReputationRep:
    going to buy a one of each :}

ReputationRep:
    Reasonable Doubt and Stankonia. It's subjective though, a few titles could be considered the best for each artist (The Blueprint could be another for Jay-Z), but a lot of hip-hop fans (not all, just the dim ones) don't realise that and they don't understand the concept of an opinion so these type of threads usually end up in flame wars haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRamAlot)
    Reasonable Doubt and Stankonia. It's subjective though, a few titles could be considered the best for each artist (The Blueprint could be another for Jay-Z), but a lot of hip-hop fans (not all, just the dim ones) don't realise that and they don't understand the concept of an opinion so these type of threads usually end up in flame wars haha.
    i've been told the blueprint 3 is his best work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KickStart)
    I'd say it's nowhere near his best work. Production-wise it's not bad, but it lacks lyrically and most people agree that his older albums are better.

ReputationRep:
    he said his best was the black album
    although blueprint 3 is pretty good

ReputationRep:
    For Jay-Z buy the Black Album. Hip Hop classic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    For Jay-Z buy the Black Album. Hip Hop classic
    (Original post by amsie/)
    he said his best was the black album
    although blueprint 3 is pretty good
    thanks guys i'll buy 'The Black Album'

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys i'll buy 'The Black Album'
    You won't be disappointed, out of all the songs on the album I only dislike one (I think it's called Lucifer) because it's got an annoying woman on repeat in the chorus. Apart from that all the songs are BEAST. And while you're at it get Nas - Illmatic. That's even better than The Black Album, it's proper old school rap :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Outkast: Aquemini. Yeah I said it!

Jay Z: Reasonable Doubt. Black Album is second for me.

ReputationRep:
    I would say the Black Album is best to get if you are new to Jay-Z and Hip Hop in general. Its a great album as well to boot. As for Outkast get Aquemini :sogood: It is my favourite album of theirs and if you don't immediatley fall in love with songs like these then you don't deserve ears tbh

ReputationRep:
    Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt/Black Album (both amazing in diff ways)
    Outkast - Stankonia

ReputationRep:

and

Leaving out Idlewild, every Outkast album is a must-have. No arguments.

For Jay-Z, nothing will touch how hard he went on Reasonable Doubt.

ReputationRep:
    Jay Z- The black album. Thats Jay Z without all the comercial stuff. Thats pure music.

Outcast- I've only heard the full Love below and Speakerboxx album but 'the love below' is just classic. Ive only heard bits and peices from other albums though.

(Honourable mentions)

- Most of Nas's stuff
    - Distant relatives
    - Most of Akala's stuff
    - Somesthing from KRS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damidude)
    Jay Z- The black album. Thats Jay Z without all the comercial stuff. Thats pure music.

Outcast- I've only heard the full Love below and Speakerboxx album but 'the love below' is just classic. Ive only heard bits and peices from other albums though.

(Honourable mentions)

- Most of Nas's stuff
    - Distant relatives
    - Most of Akala's stuff
    - Somesthing from KRS
    Every Outkast album BEFORE Speakerboxx/Love Below is amazing. Speakerboxx/Love Below is where they start going downhill.

ReputationRep:
    Reasonable doubt for Jay-Z by far. (Feeling it is probably my favourite Jay-Z track ever)

Speakerbox for Outcast mainstream, Aquemini for Outcast old school.

If you have change you should invest in iLLmatic by Nas. Greatest album of all time imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Every Outkast album BEFORE Speakerboxx/Love Below is amazing. Speakerboxx/Love Below is where they start going downhill.
    I'll agree that Idlewild wasn't anything to shout about, but unfortunatley, I can't have you knocking the love below. Sorry, I just can't have it.

What do you think \bout my other suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    You won't be disappointed, out of all the songs on the album I only dislike one (I think it's called Lucifer) because it's got an annoying woman on repeat in the chorus. Apart from that all the songs are BEAST. And while you're at it get Nas - Illmatic. That's even better than The Black Album, it's proper old school rap :cool:
    I dislike Lucifer also, that voice was really annoying. I quite liked what more can I say just for Gladiator intro, and Allure because well Neptunes beat- enough said.

ReputationRep:
    I'll agree that Idlewild wasn't anything to shout about, but unfortunatley, I can't have you knocking the love below. Sorry, I just can't have it.

What do you think \bout my other suggestions?
    I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying that it is inferior to all of its predecessors. In other words, you really should listen to the other albums.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    I'm not knocking it, I'm just saying that it is inferior to all of its predecessors. In other words, you really should listen to the other albums.
    Aight, I'll get back to you on that.
    But familliarise yourself with my man AKALA!

ReputationRep:
    Aight, I'll get back to you on that.
    But familliarise yourself with my man AKALA!
    I know Akala. He's average.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.