Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How would u answer this research method question???..... Watch

ReputationRep:
    Examine the disadvantages some sociologists may find when using offical statistics in their research (20 marks)

Do i just have to write the disads.

But my teacher said me that in a 20 mark question we have to talk about the:
    practical and ethical issues, reliability, validity, evaluation, representativeness and theroretical aspects.

Am i getting this wuestions mixed up with the methods in context.

OMG please some one help me. My head is spinning, i'm getting so confused.

Also, if you can explain this to me, i've loads of revisions sheets of the ads/disads/ethical/practical issue of different research methods which i can give if u need them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ********)
    Examine the disadvantages some sociologists may find when using offical statistics in their research (20 marks)

Do i just have to write the disads.

But my teacher said me that in a 20 mark question we have to talk about the:
    practical and ethical issues, reliability, validity, evaluation, representativeness and theroretical aspects.

Am i getting this wuestions mixed up with the methods in context.

OMG please some one help me. My head is spinning, i'm getting so confused.

Also, if you can explain this to me, i've loads of revisions sheets of the ads/disads/ethical/practical issue of different research methods which i can give if u need them
    No, this is just the straight Methods question. My teacher gets us to use this framework for Methods questions:

What is it? Primary/Secondary, Quantitative/Qualiatative
    Advantages
    Disadvantages
    Why either interpretivists/positivists like the method/Why either interpretivists/positivists dislike the method
    Reliablity/Validity/Representativeness/Ethics etc
    Conclusion - what are the good points, what are the bad points

You can use the same framework for Methods in Context, except referring to the issue brought up in the question in every paragraph. I know it sounds a little formulaic and not exactly like it answers the question, but I got 120/120 in the Education and Methods unit using it so it does work!

Hope that helps - the research methods sheets would be tremendously helpful if you're still offering?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.