Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone else not interested in Harry Potter? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Simple question really. Myself? Not a fan. I can see the attraction but it just doesn't stimulate me. Its very rare i come across somebody who doesn't like the films or books (or both) so i thought i would see the response on here.

ReputationRep:
    By the time the 2nd book was out I was reading **** like Dune.

TRUE STORY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anfieldred07)
    Simple question really. Myself? Not a fan. I can see the attraction but it just doesn't stimulate me. Its very rare i come across somebody who doesn't like the films or books (or both) so i thought i would see the response on here.

ReputationRep:
    Are you voldemort or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by concubine)
    By the time the 2nd book was out I was reading **** like Dune.

TRUE STORY.
    wait, what?

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter is the best thing ever. It's like our weapon to combat twilight.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really a fan of the books/films. Like you, i get how they might be really awesome to some people, i'm just not interested personally.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it with a passion

ReputationRep:
    I'm not interested in it. I get annoyed by people saying I look like Harry Potter. It's one of the reasons I got contact lenses.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my goodness! How can you not love Harry Potter?! Its got everything; magic, mystery and cute dwarf called Dobby!
    It's like saying 'i hate chocolate'!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    LOL.
    You win!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hate it, hate 'fantasy' crap that'll never happen in real life and hate their annoying accents in the films.

ReputationRep:
    Me, me, me, me, me, this is me all over. I'm a 16 year old, I'm the exact generation that grew up with the books and the films. I've seen the first 5 films... the first 4 I quite liked, the 5th film was crap, and then I just never got round to seeing 6 & 7. I tried reading Goblet of Fire, but I couldn't get into it. I really have no interest in seeing the remaining Harry Potter films, or reading the books.

I certainly see the attraction, I mean the whole Harry Potter universe is very captivating and in-depth, but I've just never put in the time for it and I don't plan to. Don't condemn me for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    TBF that was pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smileygirlx)
    Oh my goodness! How can you not love Harry Potter?! Its got everything; magic, mystery and cute dwarf called Dobby!
    It's like saying 'i hate chocolate'!
    Dobby is an elf

ReputationRep:
    Nah, kids stuff. And I doubt I would have warmed to it if I were a kid growing up in the 00's either.

I wouldn't say I can't stand it, but I'm certainly getting sick of hearing about it. If I had £1 for everybody on TSR who mentions Hogwarts in their sig, I could pay off Madoff's debts.

Oh, and I saw The Chamber of Secrets in the cinema a few years back. It was meh.

ReputationRep:
      Not into it at all. Fell asleep most of the time when my primary school teacher read us the first book.

Woohooo for the other soldiers out there who poo in the bucket of conformity.

ReputationRep:
      It's only the best book series to ever grace the planet? I'd agree with the below par films, some of the casting has been awful but Rickman as Snape and Bonham-Carter as Bellatrix were born for them roles.

ReputationRep:
      no its ****

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.