Im doing 2 AS politics exams in January and am working on past papers. I'm having trouble with the 25 mark questions coz I just dont know how 2 get that many marks for one essay.
Eg: What are the strengths and weaknesses of representative democracy? (25 marks)
In the first two sections of the question i have already explained the key features of representative democracy and how it works in the UK.
Also Im not sure whether I should be discussing the system in general or the way it is applied in the UK.
Below is a summary of how i would answer the question
- professional politicians with superior knowledge and judgement, better equipped to make decisions of public importance.
- minorities have a better chance of being taken into account than with direct democracy when they would be outvoted by the majority.
- Parliament doesn't proportionally represent the population-women under-represented and professionals with uni background over-represented.
- System of public making views heard in Paliament is bureacratic and often ineffective
- Low voting levels means governing party not really chosen by majority of ppl.
Do you think I would get 25 marks for an answer like that, obviously in greater depth but basically expending on those points?
Any help in how 2 answer this question well would be much appreciated.
Help!!!How 2 get 25 marks for this question? Watch
- Thread Starter
- 28-12-2010 15:16