Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, are you less likely to approach a pretty girl in a bar if she has ugly friends? Watch

I was out with a few of my male friends and one of them saw a pretty girl. He was going to go and talk to her, and then he saw that she was sitting with a group of girls who were either ugly or fat. He then decided not to go and talk to the pretty girl. Guys, if this 'normal'? Would this stop you approaching a girl you liked the look of? If so, why? Is it because you don't want to be seen with unattractive people? I found my friends behaviour surprising, but the other guys all seemed to think it was normal.

ReputationRep:
    And what makes these so called "ugly" women so unattractive mmmh?

I'd probably go for the "ugly" friends.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't approach a girl in a bar with her friends anyway since usually- 1) She's out to have fun with her friends, not looking for a bloke and 2) I'm not that confident.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was out with a few of my male friends and one of them saw a pretty girl. He was going to go and talk to her, and then he saw that she was sitting with a group of girls who were either ugly or fat. He then decided not to go and talk to the pretty girl. Guys, if this 'normal'? Would this stop you approaching a girl you liked the look of? If so, why? Is it because you don't want to be seen with unattractive people? I found my friends behaviour surprising, but the other guys all seemed to think it was normal.
    Friends don't make a difference.
    In fact I would more likely to approach (the chance is still low if she isnt alone or in a bar in the first place)

ReputationRep:
    DUFFs are usually there to ****-block you anyway.

ReputationRep:
    You don't go straight for the fit one, talk to the ugly friends first so it doesn't look obvious then make the move.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, simply because one of the ugly mofos will probably get the wrong end of the stick and think I was hitting on her, and I would have to be shaking her off all night instead of making out with her pretty friend. Has happened before, NEVER AGAIN.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, quite the opposite, their friends wouldn't unnerve me so I would just ignore them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.