Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What sort of birth control to use? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I went on the pill over the summer, but it was giving me migraines so the nurse switched me to the progesterone only version. The problem is I'm not happy with it, I've just started my second period in 3 weeks and I'm sick of it already. I'm going to wait until I've finished the pack to see if it settles down but I'm not sure it will. Does anyone have any advice about what I can use, because it's driving me insane.

ReputationRep:
    Keep looking for the right pill I reckon. Maybe this one will settle on the next pack, it's just going crazy cause it's new?
    I had a pill called Jasmine at first, which gave me side effects. I switched to one called Mercilon 28 and used it for 2 years, and never had any troubles. It works like a charm.

Don't be afraid to ask for new brands.

ReputationRep:
    ABSTINENCE!!!!!!!!

:mob::mob::mob:

ReputationRep:
    I'm on the pill.

ReputationRep:
    But on a serious note, my girlfriend is on the depo jab. Stops her periods, but recently she had one so now she's paranoid about having sex without a condom.

ReputationRep:
    Prayer.

ReputationRep:
    i read the title as 'what sort of ***** control to use' and only realised it wasn't when it got to your periods. i really believed that there was a pill to control being a *****. my dad would so be getting that for his birthday.

ReputationRep:
    Go with the yellow ones.

ReputationRep:
    erm have u tried the coil? i tried it - wasnt a good suit cos i have heavy painfful periods, you might be opposite! - but APPARENTLY its cool cos you can just get it and forget about it - it could be hormone free aswell if you get the copper one...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    I go bareback then............................ .

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/u...lcon_punch.jpg

/thread
    Seconded.

ReputationRep:
    You can get an injection as well. But I find the pill easiest, because I can get my prescription at any pharmacy whenever I want, and I don't have to be home every 4 or 8 weeks to go to the doctors and get a jab. Like, you'd have to plan your holiday and studying around it, if you study away from home.

I'd ask for a new brand if it doesn't stop bothering you. However, if you're not having any side effects like head aches or migrane, then the unfrequent periods might settle by themselves.

ReputationRep:
    http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/game...90708_main.jpg

ReputationRep:
    the rod.

it's amaze.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilovewords)
    the rod.

it's amaze.
    :beer:

ReputationRep:
    I've heard good things about IUDs.

ReputationRep:
    Condoms.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain to me why everyone dosent just get the implant? Surely its easier than having to take a pill everyday for 3 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    Take the blue pill Neo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bravery)
    ABSTINENCE!!!!!!!!

:mob::mob::mob:
    This :yep:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    This :yep:
    I don't know why, but I kinda knew that you would agree with abstinence. I just expected it for some reason. :dontknow:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.