Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ .
    United World Colleges are a group of colleges dotted around the world in countries such as India, Norway, Singapore and South America. You usually study IB at these colleges as opposed to A-Level or the equivalent. I am considering applying for one, the one in Norway has caught my eye in particular.

It is really hard to get in and I was wondering if anyone seeing this has been to a UWC or knows anybody who has been. The application process is really tough with a personal statement and other difficult questions such as 'tell us about a difficult circumstance you went through and what sort of things you learnt about yourself in this time'... I'm fifteen, and I am struggling to think of a particular event in my life during and after which I learnt alot about myself.

Any tips on dealing with personal statements would be really appreciated, but I'm primarily doing this to try and learn more about the UWC ethos and what it is really like from a student who has actually been there.

Thanks so much,
    ..t. X
    ................................ ................................ ................................ ................................ .

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.