Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been set the following lengthy problem question to answer over Xmas but after making several attempts am really struggling how to structure it and what info the question is after and also cases to support my answers,

Any help massively appreciated pleeeeeeeease!!!

Thank you xxx

Question:

Earlier this year, Mary decided to put her affairs in order and she wrote the * following letters:
    To Alice, she wrote:
    “Dear Alice,
    I hereby declare that from today I hold most of my bottles of vintage claret on trust for you.
    Best Wishes,
    Mary.”
    To Betty, she wrote:
    “Dear Betty,
    Hold all of the £20,000, which I have transferred into your bank, on trust for Bill and Ben. *
    Best Wishes,
    Mary.”
    To Charles, she wrote:
    “Dear Charles,
    I have today instructed the trustee holding 'Hill House', Sheffield S11 9VP, who was holding the legal estate on trust for me, to hold it on trust for you instead of me.
    Best Wishes,
    Mary.”
    To David, she wrote:
    “Dear David,
    I have today transferred £800,000 into your bank account. *I am instructing you to hold this money on trust for my colleagues in equal shares".
    Best Wishes,
    Mary"
    Advise on the validity of Mary's purported dispositions as shown in The letters

ReputationRep:
    This is the same as the Q in this thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1501590

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.