Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i dont get what to do honestly...ive got my offer but im waiting for replies from my other unis, which grant do i apply for online
    ?
    ITS ALL SO CONFUSING!!!!
    pls help this very confused person

ReputationRep:
    It's not even open yet for 2011 entry, as far as I know. It opens in January.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noble.)
    It's not even open yet for 2011 entry, as far as I know. It opens in January.
    but u can apply online no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katsumi)
    but u can apply online no?
    Yes, just not until January.

ReputationRep:
    which grants are everyone applying to
    ?

ReputationRep:
    which grants are everyone applying to
    ?
    Maintainace and loan based on household income. Last year i got 6k not including tuition fees, should be getting same for 2011.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swimmer)
    Maintainace and loan based on household income. Last year i got 6k not including tuition fees, should be getting same for 2011.
    is it 6k for all unis? for the whole whatever many yrs of the course?

ReputationRep:
    what is maintenance and loan based ?

ReputationRep:
    If you're entering uni in 2011, the fees will still be on the old system. So they'll be £3000 and something. You can get a loan to cover all of this, and a loan for maintenance. Depending on your household income you may also be eligible for a maintenance grant.

To apply for the loans you just fill in your info (presuming you're supported by your parents at the moment which is likely). To apply for the grant too your parents have to also fill in some stuff and send off evidence of their income from the 2009-10 tax year. You do all this online at http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...ance/index.htm and you can't start until some time in January. The deadline will probably be some time in June but really the earlier the better with Student Finance.

You put down your firm choice uni as the one you're going to, so you might want to wait for all your offers to come through but you don't have to. If your uni changes on results day then you can deal with that at the time.

As for bursaries, these are awarded by the university and usually means tested. You don't usually have to do anything other than fill in Student finance to get them, everything's done automatically, and the same applies for many scholarships (but not all).

That's basically a summary of what you need to know for now.

ReputationRep:
    The deadline for applicants in 2011 is somewhere around June 2012 :erm: But realistically if you want your money on time and everything in time for uni then you best apply around January-April, which gives you ample time in case something goes wrong with the application.

ReputationRep:
    is it 6k for all unis? for the whole whatever many yrs of the course?
    Dude, why dont you research?

ReputationRep:
    Dude, why dont you research?
    I agree with this

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.