Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is 2011 going to be a good year for music Watch

ReputationRep:
    Personally I thought 2010 was a decent year and I reckon 2011 is going to be brilliant, wondering what everyone else thinks

ReputationRep:
    it's gotta be better than this year- esp james blake- check his album out it's gooood... reminds me of burial a lot

edit: & daley of course

even better: FRIENDLY FIRES I wish they'd hurry up it's been years

ReputationRep:
    I highly doubt it. Music is getting worse.

Edit: Why the neg rep? Jeez.

ReputationRep:
    If Justin Bieber dies.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe. 2010 has been a decent year, but not as good as previous years. Hopefully 2011 will improve.

I saw BBC's Sound of 2011, and the only ones who I like so far on it are Jessie J, Daley and Esben and the Witch. Has anyone else seen the list? And if so, what do you think of it?

ReputationRep:
    How can we possibly know?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, loads of albums to look forward to from Lady Gaga, Death Cab for Cutie, Radiohead, Toro Y Moi, Kanye & Jay Z, Gorillaz, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes and more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaunebanane)
    Yeah, loads of albums to look forward to from Lady Gaga, Death Cab for Cutie, Radiohead, Toro Y Moi, Kanye & Jay Z, Gorillaz, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, The Strokes and more
    Can't wait for radioheads new album! Strokes' new one should be interesting too

ReputationRep:
    James Blake and Radiohead!!

Plus the gaga.

ReputationRep:
    Radiohead will make it god damn awesome, I hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chlobofro)
    I highly doubt it. Music is getting worse.
    *******s. That's a statement lazy people throw around because they're too lazy to search for the good music.

ReputationRep:
    new rage against the machine album!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Radiohead, Justice, The Strokes, James Blake, Plaid plus PERHAPS new stuff from Orbital, Leftfield and Daft Punk.

And i'm sure Gaga will bring in some decent pop music and not this general tosh from the likes of JLS which is of the lowest quality. I've also probably forgotten quite a bit of what may be coming next year. Either way i'm sure it's gonna be better than this one which has been unspectacular really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 66CC99)
    *******s. That's a statement lazy people throw around because they're too lazy to search for the good music.
    Oh yes I'm so lazy. I read music magazines, go on forums and spend half my life looking on YouTube.

ReputationRep:
    It has to get better from this bieber fever crap

ReputationRep:
    2010 has been a good year for hip-hop/rap, in the last few years it was criticised for a lack of talent and how "hip-hop is dead", nothing compared to old school and stuff, but we've seen the emergence of talented young rappers (J.Cole for example) and good releases by well-established rappers like Nas, Kanye West, Eminem, (nowhere near his best works but still better than most rap albums in the last few years), Ghostface Killah and others. I can't speak for other genres though. And it's hard to tell for next year.

ReputationRep:
    New albums from Coldplay, Radiohead, Passion Pit, Fleet Foxes, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Elbow, Beastie Boys, Cut Copy, The Strokes, Death Cab for Cutie, U2, My Morning Jacket, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart and Above & Beyond.
    Hells yes.

ReputationRep:
    New The Strokes and Foo Fighters albums :moon:

Seeing FF in Milton Keynes so it'll be a good year for me

ReputationRep:
    Music isn't getting worse, there's so much music available that anyone can find something they like, just cos the music they like isn't being played on the radio doesn't mean it isn't out there. I prefer non mainstream music but that's just me, there's something for everyone

ReputationRep:
    There's always something decent to listen to. I'm most looking forward to British Sea Power's new album.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 16, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.