Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    looking back how do you remeber 2010? a year youll look back on in 50 years time and think, those were the days! or something you want to forget

mines been pretty sick, gap year freedom, quitting job early with savings to enjoy the summer, just chilling all summer, no cares or anything hanging with mates.
    UNI freshers week was Imense, even after then its been sweet

i think 2010s gunna be the one i remember!

ReputationRep:
    It was the year I started running, ran 2 full marathons and 1 half marathon; that's probably the main thing I will remember.

Also the year I started law school and the year I got a job at the Citizens Advice Bureau which entailed giving advice in a secure psychiatric unit one day per week.

ReputationRep:
    The year I became a man.

ReputationRep:
    2010? I'm sorry, I've already forgotten that year. (Maybe I'll remember similarly bad 'jokes').

ReputationRep:
    I probably won't remember 2010, or at least nothing personal to me. It was rather boring.

ReputationRep:
    Started with a bang but ended with a whimper.

ReputationRep:
    Getting an offer from university. The realisation that I have worth in the eyes of others!

ReputationRep:
    It was alrite. Doesn't particularly stand out from previous years.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was terrible, I moved house twice in two months, my mum had a lot of messy breakups with boyfriends, we've had very little money, and I had my GCSE exams to stress about (which looking back from an A level perspective were a piece of piss). It's a year I'd rather not dwell on too much.

On a positive note, I got with quite a few people this year

ReputationRep:
    Getting engaged.
    Although I will always remember helping my MP campaign during the General Election.

ReputationRep:
    Some of it was good, some of it was bad, there are one or two things I'm sure I'll remember.

ReputationRep:
    I will remember 2010 as the year I found out my mum has inoperable cancer and likely just over a year to live. I will also remember 2010 as the year the police took me to hospital. It's been a pretty rubbish year. On the bright side I'll also remember it as the year I turned 21.

Hopefully I will remember 2011 as the year the doctors decided to try surgery for my mum.

ReputationRep:
    I will remember it as the year:

* I started on the path towards my career
    * Got a few more pets
    * My partner left the country for 11 months, but we still clicked perfectly when he got back, and how good that felt.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    If you asked me what happened in 2006 I would have to work it out, asking me about 1998 would leave me having **** all idea. If you were to ask in 50 years time (presuming I was alive) I imagine this effect will be a million times worse, 2010 will not stand out in any way.

ReputationRep:
    I turned 18 and applied to university. That's about it.

It's been a pretty bad year really. Friend and family troubles all round.

ReputationRep:
    I fell in love :love: /endofcheesyvomitindicing-ness

ha. and also, I got an Oxford interview/offer.

pretty sure I'll always remember 2010 for those two things.

ReputationRep:
    It was a pretty normal year to be honest. I'd imagine that next year will be more eventful for me.

ReputationRep:
    one of the worst years in my life

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty I dont reckon I will remember much of it in the future

ReputationRep:
    pretty crap, its been a very depressing year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.