Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is TK Maxx good for beauty products?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    so basically I was wondering whether TK Maxz is any good for hair care and skincare products?? Do they stock good quality brands??

ReputationRep:
    I know they stock Bedhead as my friend's buys hers from there.

ReputationRep:
    Have a look on their website, then you can see the kind of stuff they have for yourself (www.tkmaxx.com).

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the store, sometimes you can find some real gems.

ReputationRep:
    Erm, it depends on what you're looking for. They do some good brands (Elizabeth Arden, Bedhead, St Tropez) but it's all very hit and miss with what they actually stock and usually it's been tested and/or spilt lol. Sometimes it'll be packaged so you can't open things though, which is good.

ReputationRep:
    Yea boi. I got me some Molton Brown from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    Depends on the store, sometimes you can find some real gems.
    :yep:

Agree with this...I dont really know about things like hair straightners.. because ive not seen any good ones.
    But there are good hair products like Bedhead, which are usually cheaper than buying from actual salons. I've bought some Stila cosmetics from there too.. which are really good (mainly eye shadows).

But it would probably be a good idea to look at some details like dates (because i'm sure they have things in there for too long) before buying anything from there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by When will I know?)
    :yep:

Agree with this...I dont really know about things like hair straightners.. because ive not seen any good ones.
    But there are good hair products like Bedhead, which are usually cheaper than buying from actual salons. I've bought some Stila cosmetics from there too.. which are really good (mainly eye shadows).

But it would probably be a good idea to look at some details like dates (because i'm sure they have things in there for too long) before buying anything from there
    I use cheapsmells.com for Stila...and a load of other stuff on discount too. Tis a good site

ReputationRep:
    NO..

ReputationRep:
    It can be, but you can't rely on getting anything there as their stock is so unpredictable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ailsa136)
    Hi everyone,
    so basically I was wondering whether TK Maxz is any good for hair care and skincare products?? Do they stock good quality brands??
    wooooo i work there :elmo: and yep they stock loads of good brands- calvin klien, stuff like that and really good discounts, make sure you have the time to look though!:clap2:

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on the store, really... it's often a bit hit-and-miss, but I have regularly found good-quality products from Philosophy there, which is great. I managed to get some Philosophy 'Grace' body lotion and, one of my favourite, the Purity cleanser from there a couple of weeks ago. It's worth a look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abi24)
    I use cheapsmells.com for Stila...and a load of other stuff on discount too. Tis a good site
    Thanks it does look a like good site.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen Benefit cosmetics in TK Maxx recently, in the past they've had Calvin Klein, Biotherm and Nails Inc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ailsa136)
    Hi everyone,
    YES !!
    But make sure you choose organic or well known quality brands.
    They usually have Korres products which are very good, DECLEOR, Natural Being, This Works, etc.
    Try to stay away from chemical-loaded brands or anything with parabens in it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.