Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I have a complicated "history" with one of my friends. And before I ask a simple question which could be asked in a couple of lines, I'm going to bombard you with backstory, so I apologise for that. You don't have to read it all, but it would be nice, and helpful towards your answers, if you did. Okay, so she used to be a really good friend, which was around the time I fell for her, which I think was last summer. It was actually going well, we talked virtually every day on facebook, and I was almost 100% sure that she liked me back. The problem is I wasn't confident enough to ever make a move on her, despite the fact that if I did, I think she would have gone with it. I wasn't even confident enough to ask her to hang out just me and her. Nothing ever happened, and we pretty much went back to being friends again. Then, in February this year she sparked my interest again. We went out for a meal for my birthday (with other friends as well, not just the two of us!) and she was insistant that I sat next to her. That doesn't sound like much, but it's what happened after which was a big deal for me. There was a valentine's day party on the next evening, so, even though pretty much all of my other friends weren't going, she told me to go along, as she'd be there with a few other people. The next day (valentine's day) she honestly started begging that I go. She really was adamant that I be there, and even offered to give me lifts there and back. I didn't want to be there without any male friends because I felt it wouldn't have been that fun without them, so, foolishly, I said no. To this day I regret that decision, because I imagine if I had gone, I wouldn't need to be making this post now. It's a pretty big concidence that a girl who once liked me was insisting I go to a valentine's party with her, don't you think.

Anyway, basically, I didn't go to this party and she started to go out of touch with our friendship group, as she became friends with this other new girl. It just got annoying, because when she was with this new girl, she'd only hang around with us if the group of lads who they started hanging around with weren't there. When she hung around with us though, it was like she'd never left. Now, this new girl has left school, and she's come back to hanging around with us again, and I feel myself getting attracted to her again. There may be chance for something to happen between us in the future, if I don't make the same mistakes of the past, but to be honest, all I want right now from her is a kiss on New Year's Eve. I know that I'd get totally hung up about it if it didn't happen, so I'd like to know if there are any sure fire methods of getting this kiss? Obviously just saying, "do you want to be my new year's kiss" wouldn't work. I mean, what are the chances she would say yes, and if she said no, how awkward would that make everything. So I'd like to know if you've got any good ways of hinting to her that I'd still have her and then actually get the kiss? One of the main problems is actually that the new girl from earlier will be there, much to my disapproval, so this means it's likely they'll be with each other the whole night, and that'll mean there's a very slim chance of getting the two of us together. Please help!!

I'm dwelling on the past too much aren't I?

ReputationRep:
    1) Man the f*** up.
    2) I'm guessing that you probably have very little experience with girls. Correct?

ReputationRep:
    Get a mate of yours to distract your girl's friend on the night. Once they're separated and there's no distraction start making the moves on your girl and escalate touching her (make it playful etc) then go in for the kiss when you're ready. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    You want to know of a sure fire method of getting a new years kiss from her?

Did you just forget how to spell Rohypnol and try to cover it up by inventing a backstory and waiting for someone to post it on here or something?

(Original post by Saphfire)
    1) Man the f*** up.
    2) I'm guessing that you probably have very little experience with girls. Correct?
    No I'm not particularly confident with girls, it's true, but I've had girlfriends (albeit nothing too serious) in the past, so I'm not completely stupid.

ReputationRep:
    you said no when a girl was begging you to come to a valentine party ...

she probably took that as a 'no thanks i dont want to be with you'

ReputationRep:
    I congratulate the people who actually had the patience and effort to read the OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IlexBlue)
    I congratulate the people who actually had the patience and effort to read the OP.
    Indeed Mademoiselle, as much I want to help out OP, I couldn't get past the first sentence.

ReputationRep:
    lol i actually did...you can probably tell that i'm really realllllly bored :rolleyes:
    but anyways be a man dude...it's obvious she likes you so try and make move and if she goes along with it, great, if she doesn't then move the f*** on...there are a million girls out there, don't get hung up on one

I do realise I may have overcomplicated things by adding all this backstory, but to me it's important to mine and her relationship. I'm not a fantastic writer, and I'll admit if I saw that wall of text I'd click out of the thread, so thanks very much to everyone who took the time to read through.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.