Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

To all those who have finished uni/in their last couple of years/ past 1st year? Watch

Have you remained in good contact with your friends back home?
    Would you say your closer to your friends made at uni or those at home?

I ask this because im seriously thinking of ditching my friends that i have had since high school (im now in last year of college) because they make me really unhappy and paranoid... i won't go into the details but im seriously considering breaking of all contact, which will mean i will be spending my 18th alone etc... however it will leave me pretty much friendless until university. If the friends that you make during high school/college are generally friends for life, then i may have to rethink, is friendship no matter how rubbish it may sometimes make you feel be better than being alone.... Or maybe i should look forward to uni because that is where i will meet my good friends?

Thanks in advance.

bumpp

ReputationRep:
    I stay in contact with my close friends via facebook, so the friendships stay OK.
    But don't worry, if your current friends aren't good, just keep them as acquaintances not get rid of them completely. Uni would be much better in terms of finding new good friends

ReputationRep:
    The friends I had at home gave up on me at the end of my A-Levels cos I was ill so I've not kept in contact with them unfortunately. Personally I think it's better to be alone than have "friends" who you're not happy with.

I've definitely found that I've made some better friends since being at uni who I'll stay in touch with when I graduate next year.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.