Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My lover eating m&ms may be the death of me Watch

Next week I'm going to be meeting up with this guy I'm seeing. The problem is one time when chatting to him he casually mentioned that he was eating m&ms. I'm not sure what sort but if it was the type with peanuts we have a big problem as I am deathly allergic to nuts. What if he has some before he meets me ? I could die just from kissing him.

It's sounds a bit presumtious and odd telling him not to have any before he sees me. I know we will be kissing though.

What should I do ?

(he knows i am allergic to nuts but I don't think he gets how severe it as once I gave him a chocolate bar I couldn't have cause of nuts and he ate it =\ even though he was hoping to kiss me that night)

ReputationRep:
    Just tell him not to eat anything with peanuts job done, if he cares then he will listen I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Well if he doesn't want to get done for manslaughter then he'll listen.

Considering he knows of your condition (and you will have obviously told him it is a serious life threatening allergy) then it would be considered homicide with negligence.

ReputationRep:
    Just go

'Look not being funny mate but if you eat nuts and then kiss me i'll die and slow and painful death'

if he want's to at least get to date number two he'll listen.

ReputationRep:
    try not to stick your tongue in his mouth? in this way you wont get peanuts.

Or how about wash your mouth? you can excuse yourself for using the loo

ReputationRep:
    I'd say make sure you're careful when you go down on him.

Don't touch the nuts!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draikzer)
    I'd say make sure you're careful when you go down on him.

Don't touch the nuts!
    :rolleyes: *******, you beat me to it! Have a wonderful, prosperous 2011 .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSilentG)
    :rolleyes: *******, you beat me to it! Have a wonderful, prosperous 2011 .
    Hope you didn't neg me for that bro... Love you.

You too :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by draikzer)
    Hope you didn't neg me for that bro... Love you.

You too :P
    Oh so you love me eh? :sexface:. I didn't neg you; in fact ironically I tried to give you a positive rating, however I can't thumb up anymore people today :mad:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheSilentG)
    Oh so you love me eh? :sexface:. I didn't neg you; in fact ironically I tried to give you a positive rating, however I can't thumb up anymore people today :mad:.

How could I not? After our... connection.

And awh, I'd love you to thumb me, but I guess I'll have to impress you at a later date!

ReputationRep:
    How hard would it be to have slipped into the conversation "Oh, I can't eat m&ms, I'm allergic to nuts." when he mentioned about eating them..

ReputationRep:
    Tell him that being next to someone who's eaten nuts can trigger a reaction so could he not please. Make a bit of a joke about it and he won't find it weird, why would he risk killing you? lol.

ReputationRep:
    If he cares about you enough, he'll give up eating nuts and realise your allergy, if not he doesn't care. Are you allergic to the other type of nuts? If so that will really put him off.

ReputationRep:
    Teabagging is out of the question then...

ReputationRep:
    M&Ms caused me some personal heatache too. I used to work at the M&M factory until those sons of *****es fired me for writing 'W's on them.

ReputationRep:
    Just be honest about it before you meet him - "I'm really sorry about sounding so presumptuous but I'm a bit worried about meeting up...only, I can't kiss you if you've been eating nuts because of my allergy. It's really bad you see " then maybe there will be a bit of coversation over it but on the whole asking him to not eat nuts really shouldn't be that difficult.

ReputationRep:
    If I was you, I'd tell him. From a man's perspective, I'd rather a girl told me she was allergic to something before I had the opportunity to do something wrong; imagine how he'd feel if it did (I know I'd be panicking, upset and probably stressed out my brains because I'd not know what to do).

And from your perspective, I'm guessing a sever allergic reaction might ruin a fun night.

The way I'd tell him would be have a quiet, relaxed chat with him explaining everything. Then I'd end saying something like "If you want something interesting inside your m+m's, there's always the crispy ones".

Good luck and I hope you have a good time

ReputationRep:
    Don't forget your epi-pen.

Oh, and make it clear to him. He may think you just come out in a rash from eating them...if you don't tell him he can't know!

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me, or does the title of this thread sound like an episode of Trisha?

As for the nut allergy, just tell him. I can't imagine he wants the date to end with you in the hospital.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ffs...I'll say it again. THIS ISSUE CAN BE SOLVED WITH....COMMUNICATION. The golden world! Communicate to him your peanut allergy. Though peanut M&M's? Ugh...vile things. I love crispy M&M's, sadly not everywhere sells em these days.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.