The Student Room Group

Would this offend you?

This question is mostly aimed at guys but I guess there could be a female equivalent.
Would it offend you if your girlfriend made a passing joke about someone having a small penis?
(presuming this is a guy she's never been with and is not seen as being a very attractive man)
A friend made a comment about me having small thumbs, so I said in front of my boyfriend "almost as small as *****'s willy". He started shouting that isn't the kind of thing you make jokes about.
Ok, the joke was crap, but I don't see what's so offensive about it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lol, he actually has a small dick then. And most people will just laugh it off.
Reply 2
Maybe I didn't explain it very well, I made the joke about my boyfriend's friend, not my boyfriend
Reply 3
You're boyfriend is just being defensive, much like if he said to your friend "Like your wide vagina".
He shouldn't be annoyed, he might be inwardly, but no reason to make a fuss about it?
Reply 5
I think it's only a bit offensive if it's a sensitive point to that person!
Lolz, it wouldn't. But it's because I have a massive penis.
Reply 7
yep, overreaction for sure. Even a friend you have not known for very long would take it as a joke, lol.
Original post by penniroyaltea
This question is mostly aimed at guys but I guess there could be a female equivalent.
Would it offend you if your girlfriend made a passing joke about someone having a small penis?
(presuming this is a guy she's never been with and is not seen as being a very attractive man)
A friend made a comment about me having small thumbs, so I said in front of my boyfriend "almost as small as *****'s willy". He started shouting that isn't the kind of thing you make jokes about.

Simple case of bromance. You made a very big mistake, their love is stronger than what most of us can comprehend à la Mark and Arg. :biggrin:

ok im curious how small are your thumbs ? lol
and from the sound of it was a joke not intended to hurt anyone's feeling... maybe your bf was just standing up for his friend or manhood in general...anyways im sure your tone of voice was a good indicator to your bf you were joking

i guess the female equivalent of this would be if two girls started waving their baby fingers at a lad who just walked by them.... and he just turned around put his hands up to his mouth and blew and moved his hands out really wide ( this would show that said girl or girls have very very big vagina's aka wizards sleeves ) ..... assuming they know each other in a social setting etc etc

and you could always mention bout when lads start comparing girls boobs in the room while said girls are in the room also !

but the blowing of hands thing would prob make a girl :frown: so i guess thats why the baby finger thing or joke would be mean. btw i like jim jefferies he did a joke on this lol
Reply 10
lol, why would your bf find it offensive? that's silly - unless it applies to him :smile: otherwise he's making pointless fuss over a joke really..
Reply 11
Reply 12
Original post by small_fry

LOL, where do you find these pics?! :tongue:

Lmao! Rep for you tomorrow. :biggrin:
Touched a nerve?
But he wasn't annoyed at me making a joke at his friend's expense, he was annoyed that I had even said anything about another wang. Oh I don't know, quite the drama queen.
Btw, very on topic pic :smile:
Reply 16
Then if he's sensitive about the fact that you brought up wang, he probably has insecurities. They may be to do with the fact that you brought up another guy's wang, or that his wang ain't all that much of a wang.

P.S wang.
I think most people would take it as a joke, but I suppose it depends how well you know them.
I thought wang had a nice ring to it, it's been thrown by the wayside these days to make way for the cool new hipcat words.
It isn't offensive. But learn from it - everyone has their buttons, just don't push his again.

Quick Reply

Latest