Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New Fresh Start in 2011 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!
    I am from Spain, i decided to start some course the new year coming and i am very interested in Sociology. I dont have any qualifications as i didnt finish my course back home so lets say that its like i just did primary school, i did 6 years english course in a private school but it was just to learn it, i dont have anything to show. I would like to know if anyone could tell where should i start to get any sociology course, can i study that at college? do i have to pay a lot? what do i have to do to get to that? any other thing before? Thank u for your answers and i hope anyone can help me as i am quite lost and very interested in changing my life and get some qualifications. Thanks again!

ReputationRep:
    I am 34 now and i have two daughters so it would be something part time as i work as well.. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi Agustina,

Maybe you could ask some particular universities about the qualifications they want you to have. Do you have any qualifications from college (high school)?

ReputationRep:
    if you live in the UK, maybe you could do an access course? I think this thread will help you with all the questions you have: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=185

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much for your replies!! You have helped me a lot really i dont feel so lost anymore..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agustina)
    Thank you so much for your replies!! You have helped me a lot really i dont feel so lost anymore..
    Best of luck with whatever path you choose!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    What do you think about Sociology tho? I am a bit confused as i read some peple in the forum talking about it and they say you cant use for anything :confused: I always thought that it was veru useful to understand the human behaviour for the most of the jobs at least when you work for public sector jobs! Thank you guys

ReputationRep:
    Than you!!
    (Original post by EcstaticMuse)
    Best of luck with whatever path you choose!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.