Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm new to this forum so apologies if this is not in the correct place!

I was wondering if anyone has had an interview for primary PGCE at NTU, and if so would you be able to give me any advice?? Would be very much appreciated!!!!

I have mine on the 12th Jan .. so scared!

ReputationRep:
    hi, i had my interview on the 2nd novemeber, long time ago, you have a group interview which isn't that hard, just make sure you speak clearly and contribute to the group talks.

The english bit where you write about the 2 journals you print off is quite simples, just comment on it, your own thoughts and write clearly and correct punctuation and spelling.

Maths test is quite short, not easy though, some toughies,

one to one interview is all about confidence, if you have done your volunteering then that will really help, i don't remember it being really tough, as long as your passionate about what you talk about you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I had my interview on 11th January. Have either of you heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    yep found out i didn't get it on saturday, total ****ing ****e

ReputationRep:
    Bad luck, how did you find out? Im still waiting to hear back. I got a letter today saying that the decision of my application was being delayed. Getting slightly frustrated now!

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear that gregoir..did they say why ? I'm still waiting to hear back .. I hate the wait

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    That was from the GTTR. A friend who applied for the same course down in London also received the same letter yesterday. I think its because the government hasn't released numbers yet. However it sounds like some people have been told that they haven't got in. Not too sure whats going on to be honest!! Status on track just says 'Sent for Consideration' :confused:

ReputationRep:
    ^ when did you have your interview?

My status says 'stop' rang up the GTTR and they suggested to call the uni, it's been like that for a week

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on the 13th Jan. Just checked the track website and it now says 'STOP' on my status too. Ive heard a rumour that if you haven't been told that you've NOT got a place then you've more than likely got one. Just as long as the numbers stay the same as last year. However don't take this as gospel!!

Its just annoying they can't give us a rough time frame, could it be another week or another month!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm waiting on a decision from trent too. I emailed Nick Page and this is the reply I got.
    Hello Sharon
    Thanks for your carefully worded email. I can understand how the lack of certainty must be extremley frustrating for you, a feeling we empathise with. After all interviews we reach provisional decisions along the lines of 'definitely, probably, maybe, and definitely not', then firming these up as offers or not once we know the number of places we have to offer. Without access to the documentation I don't know which yours was. At the start of the interview process we decided that we should inform all interviewees of our final decision at the same time, and not tell those 'definitely nots' straight away as this seemed unfair on those 'maybes' who later didn't receive an offer. It is very important to us to be as even-handed as possible and not favour anyone unduly.
    That said, we didn't anticipate reaching the end of January without an indication on numbers so we will be meeting later this week to discuss what we should do next. At this stage it would be premature to second guess that decision. I fully take on board your concerns and will raise the points you make at that discussion.

I'm sorry I can't be clearer, let's hope the government decision is reached soon.

Regards
    Nick Page, admissions tutor.e

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    So if everyone is being notified at the same time why has Gregoir (above) been rejected already. Im getting seriously frustrated. I'd rather know what category ive been placed under so if i'm a 'maybe' I can move on.

Very unimpressed with how the goverment and the university have handled this. We're all being kept in the dark and my life is pretty much on hold until a decision is made. We don't even really know what the funding situation is going to be.

ReputationRep:
    No he didnt actually interview me but the course administrator advised that I contact him

ReputationRep:
    I thought the same too NottsTrent I have the flexi course as my second choice at Lincoln and
    if I'm a no I'd like to be able to withdraw and persue a place there

ReputationRep:
    hiya guys!! mines at brum thursday and ive got discuss an issue boo hoo!! was it rly awful?? xx

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    got it last wednesday

ReputationRep:
    Had another email today saying they are hoping to have made decisions by the end of this week!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.