Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why Do Peoples Opinions On Uni Seem To Be So Contrary? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't go to uni until September 2011; and obviously on TSR I see people's views on uni who are already there. It seems to be either "Uni is amazing!" or "I hate uni!". Does it just depend on the type of person you are etc? Or is there possibly more to it than that?

ReputationRep:
    Uni is amazing if you know how to have fun basically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baller D)
    I don't go to uni until September 2011; and obviously on TSR I see people's views on uni who are already there. It seems to be either "Uni is amazing!" or "I hate uni!". Does it just depend on the type of person you are etc? Or is there possibly more to it than that?
    University is okay, if that helps.

ReputationRep:
    uni is what you make of it, if you are more sociable it's going to be better

i'm normally quite shy but uni really pulled me out of my shell and i can honestly say its been the best 3 months of my life so far

ReputationRep:
    People's views are contrary on most things. In a site like this, where lots of people are out to get noticed, people are more likely to be 100% for or 100% against something, so you see a clear split in opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baller D)
    The majority of people will find uni an all right experience - not wonderful, not awful. However, these people are generally not compelled to write about it; it's only those with extreme opinions that do.

An appropriate phrase would be "each to their own". Everybody experiences it differently, and most of the time there really isn't too much of interest worth discussing.

University isn't some sort of magical spell. You still do normal things like buy food at the weekend; pay rent; do work; go out and talk to people; cook dinner; buy books online; wash your clothes; develop your skills and better yourself etc. Nothing really changes just because you're a student.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.