Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was advised in another thread to set up a new discussion on this topic.

I got a first in my English Literature Degree (from a top 15 uni) but I only got ABB at A level. I am planning on doing a senior status law degree and then the LPC/BVC. By the time I've finished this lot it will be almost 8 years since I did my A Levels but I'm quite worried that they will still hold me back (automatic filters etc).

I have two questions:

1) I've been told that you can enter mitigating circumstances for poor results which allows you to bypass the automatic filter and be appraised by a human; would it be accepted if I offered as mitigating circumstances that the length of time since sitting my A Levels makes them irrelevant as part of my application?

2) If I were to take another A Level in something useful (such as a language) and got an A in it, would that be accepted as making up the AAB minimum which seems to be quite common in traineeship applications?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.