Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I still go for her? Help. Watch

I'll try to make this brief,

Basically there is this girl who I like (wow, f***ing original story, I know). Gorgeous, nice and incredibly talented at what she does (wont get too specific here, basically she's a recognized artist).
    She transfered to my school beginning of this year and for some reason it took me a while to notice her, but eventually I asked her out. She said yes, then it turned out she was busy

"Ok" Think I "*** happens, that's fine"

Ask her out again a couple of days later. Same thing happens (willing, even eager to go with me, but can't make it).

I've ended up asking her out on six separate occasions so far. Always the same story.

Normally I would have stopped playing these games a while ago, but A) she genuinely seems interested in going out with me and (more importantly) B) I've grown to really really like her despite this confusion and am incredibly reluctant to stop pursuing her.

:confused::confused::confused:

Suggestions? Advice? Abuse?

Cheers:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Have you not tried asking her to let you kow when she's free and you can do something then? that way she'll approach you if she's interested and if she's not then she just won't!

ReputationRep:
    Ask her when she's free then, but dont hound her too much.

ReputationRep:
    Just ask her why she keeps cancelling. Tell her that you really want to go out with her, but that there's no need for her to pretend to want to go with you when in fact she doesn't. I'm sure that since she's an artist she's probably really busy and telling the truth, but just ask if you want to know for sure. That way she'll immediately realise that cancelling a date six times is not exactly a nice thing to do.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, tell her you've asked her out so many times and whether you should bother lol

(Original post by Blackspur)
    Have you not tried asking her to let you kow when she's free and you can do something then? that way she'll approach you if she's interested and if she's not then she just won't!
    Have done, a couple days ago. She said she definetly would, but hasn't mentioned it since. I suppose that kind of means that she's not interested

We're still talking though and she seems to enjoy doing so. Ugh, I dunno...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'll try to make this brief,

Basically there is this girl who I like (wow, f***ing original story, I know). Gorgeous, nice and incredibly talented at what she does (wont get too specific here, basically she's a recognized artist).
    She transfered to my school beginning of this year and for some reason it took me a while to notice her, but eventually I asked her out. She said yes, then it turned out she was busy

"Ok" Think I "*** happens, that's fine"

Ask her out again a couple of days later. Same thing happens (willing, even eager to go with me, but can't make it).

I've ended up asking her out on six separate occasions so far. Always the same story.

Normally I would have stopped playing these games a while ago, but A) she genuinely seems interested in going out with me and (more importantly) B) I've grown to really really like her despite this confusion and am incredibly reluctant to stop pursuing her.

:confused::confused::confused:

Suggestions? Advice? Abuse?

Cheers:cool:
    If she was truely interested then she would have told you when she was free.

ReputationRep:
    If she was genuinely interested in getting together, she'd make it happen.

Ask her to choose a date, and contact you when she can go out. Otherwise, don't waste your time.

ReputationRep:
    maybe she doesn't want to hurt your feelings.
    • TSR Support Team

Maybe she's scared of telling she's not interested, or maybe she's scared of getting involved in anything.

ReputationRep:
    Something about your entire post OP, suggests that your approach wouldn't be exactly personal.

ReputationRep:
    maybe she secretly knows that she's your sister so she's trying to get to know you but is reluctant because she thinks you'll try and stick your tongue down her mouth

i dunno tho, she could be shy or genuinely busy or not that into you

i like the first possibility the most

ReputationRep:
    Yeah she doesnt like you, she would make it happen if she did. I genuinely enjoy talking to boys I dont necessarily want to date and I would hate to hurt their feelings so would probably do the same thing she has.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.