The Student Room Group

Applying for intercalation - CV?

Hiiii!

Right, just sorting out my applications for intercalating and keep seeing that I need a CV. Anyone have any clue what I should include on this? I'm assuming it should be a medically orientated CV rather than one you would usually use for applying for a job?

advice would be much appreciated!
:s
Reply 1
As with any CV you need to tailor it to the question - why would you be good for this degree?

The obvious highlights need to be previous research or audit and interest in the subject you're applying to.

However, the 'sections'; details, education, employment, interests, etc. remain the same as standard.
Reply 2
Thank youuuu! do I need to put in the usual stuff about my personality etc?
Reply 3
Original post by pauline_lg
Thank youuuu! do I need to put in the usual stuff about my personality etc?
You don't have to, but remember that you're trying to sell yourself.
Original post by Renal
As with any CV you need to tailor it to the question - why would you be good for this degree?

The obvious highlights need to be previous research or audit and interest in the subject you're applying to.

However, the 'sections'; details, education, employment, interests, etc. remain the same as standard.

With regards employment, do you include all the voluntary placements pre-med school, or do you only include (talking generally now) stuff done since starting med school?
Reply 5
Original post by Becca-Sarah
With regards employment, do you include all the voluntary placements pre-med school, or do you only include (talking generally now) stuff done since starting med school?
There's no rule that says you have to. You certainly should if you think it makes you more attractive, you should be careful if you're filling three or four pages of irrelevant information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending