Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need a bit of advice about a workout Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Basically I am quite skinny but with a bit of belly fat. What I want to do is build up muscle in arms, legs, shoulders etc. and also flatten my stomach a bit.

I was thinking cardio exercises for stomach and then just some basic lifting for arms and shoulders etc.

What kind of stuff should I be eating etc. as I want to be eating food which will aid muscle growth but not be fattening.

Has anyone got any ideas of a workout I could do to achieve this? I am quite skinny so I'm not going for the hulk look, I would just like to become a bit thicker and more toned/defined - but at the same time losing the belly fat.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Just a little bit of advice. You may not be going for the hulk look. But you need to train like you are.

ReputationRep:
    sort of diagonal sit ups (forgotton what exactly there called) are supposed to flatten the stomach.

ReputationRep:
    first things first, the diet part is much harder than the workout trust me...around my school there’s around 3-5 different fast food chicken shops...so try to resist temptation

For your workout....this is what i do...
    1) go gym first of all...home exercises will NOT build you muscle it will only give you more cuts but ALOT of body strength
    2) stretch is vital!
    3) always vary your workout, make sure your body never gets used to one type of exercise....so for example...say you bench press, try incline bench press or use dumb bells instead of the bar...VARY!
    4) dont go straight to heavy weights unless you can do minimum of 12 reps, me personally when i cant push the reps to atleast 10 i will go a couple KG's down.
    5) FINISH off with cardio! either a 30 min run for fat loss, and over time once your happy with your overall body fat, try do a 12 min run with intense speed, this will still lose body fat, however will build more on your fitness.

A Long workout is never the best, you should be in pain by the end, especially if its your first time!

By the way WATCH YOUR DIET!

Good luck and hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Next Left)
    Hi

Basically I am quite skinny but with a bit of belly fat. What I want to do is build up muscle in arms, legs, shoulders etc. and also flatten my stomach a bit.

I was thinking cardio exercises for stomach and then just some basic lifting for arms and shoulders etc.

What kind of stuff should I be eating etc. as I want to be eating food which will aid muscle growth but not be fattening.

Has anyone got any ideas of a workout I could do to achieve this? I am quite skinny so I'm not going for the hulk look, I would just like to become a bit thicker and more toned/defined - but at the same time losing the belly fat.

Thanks!
    Read the stickies

ReputationRep:
    Thank for the advice, what about swimming though? Would that be useful for me and if so what does it achieve. Does that just achieve better stamina/fitness or is there visible results?

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Thanks!
    contact me i am a qulified fittness coach

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ADBozz)
    contact me i am a qulified fittness coach
    Post up the info bro, I would be interested to read what you have to say

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Thanks!
    Aim to do compound lifts like squats, benching and deadlifting. You won't see overall gains from tricep extensions and bicep curlz. If you are quite skinny with just a belly don't go on a crazy low calorie diet. Read the stickies.

ReputationRep:
    Do sit ups and jumping jacks every morning for about 20-30 minutes or 3-4 times a week for one hour. By following this routine u will soon see some great results.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.