Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Glasses are hurting my nose Watch

• View Poll Results: Seeing as it hurts anyway, shall I just put my glasses back on?
    Yes
    40.00%
    No
    60.00%

ReputationRep:
    I have a problem with my nose; most of the time, it's painless, but every now and then I get an intense build up of pressure for a few days due to this problem, usually when I'm recovering from a cold.

I also wear glasses. I have extremely light weight glasses and the bridge is designed to distribute weight so they'll be as comfortable as possible, and most of the time I don't even notice they're there ... unless I have this pressure build up. Then they hurt a lot.

Unfortunately, contact lenses are not an option. I'm relatively short-sighted, so I'm holding things 20cm away from my face in order to see them, getting double vision and my eyes are straining ... and my nose still hurts, just less.

So, three reasons for posting this:
    1) Complain. :p:
    2) Does anyone know how to get rid of pressure deep in your nose?
    3) Seeing as it hurts anyway, shall I just put my glasses back on?

ReputationRep:
    I heard wearing glasses for long period of time can slightly deform your nose.

Which is why a significant amount glasses-wearers are unattractive.

And because of that this why a lot of glasses wearers are nerds.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I mean have glasses myself, but I'm too sexy for them aswell my shirt
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I only need them driving lessons or watching TV

ReputationRep:
    It's ok, I know how you feel! Glasses are beasts thank goodness for contacts why can't you get them exactly?
    This will sound like silly advice, but to get rid of pressure in the nose, just take the glasses off for a long period of time? oh and I've tried these gel eye-pad things which are meant to be soothing and kinda helped out my nose too! Not sure if they work for everyone though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    I heard wearing glasses for long period of time can slightly deform your nose.

Which is why a significant amount glasses-wearers are unattractive.

And because of that this why a lot of glasses wearers are nerds.
    You're brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    I had to keep going back to my opticians to keep getting my glasses adjusted as they left horrible red marks that wouldn't fade for hours on end. Just go back to your opticians and get them to sort them out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountDuckula)
    It's ok, I know how you feel! Glasses are beasts thank goodness for contacts why can't you get them exactly?
    This will sound like silly advice, but to get rid of pressure in the nose, just take the glasses off for a long period of time? oh and I've tried these gel eye-pad things which are meant to be soothing and kinda helped out my nose too! Not sure if they work for everyone though...
    Allergies - story of my life, that. :rolleyes:

And I would just take them off, but like I say, I need them to see pretty much everything, so only really take them off if I'm just sat down or sleeping. These gel pads sound good, though - thanks!

(Original post by ellakrystina)
    I had to keep going back to my opticians to keep getting my glasses adjusted as they left horrible red marks that wouldn't fade for hours on end. Just go back to your opticians and get them to sort them out
    It's not a fitting problem, though; they're great when this pressure isn't there, and I get the pressure with or without glasses. Glasses just hurt it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    You're brilliant.
    :blush:

ReputationRep:
    What is your prescription? I'm sure you are over reacting. You don't really need the glasses all the time. Just wear them when you feel your eyes strain, otherwise don't. I'm sure you can read without them, even if it's from 20cm.
    If glasses really bother you and it is for a day or two I don't think something would happen if you wear them only when you really need them.

However, I'm still not sure I understand what is the problem with your nose though.

ReputationRep:
    This is why I hate 3D films. Always wondered how glasses wearers coped with this.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like they don't quite fit properly. Go back to the optician where you got them and ask them to adjust them for you. It should be fairly simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvieMo)
    It sounds like they don't quite fit properly. Go back to the optician where you got them and ask them to adjust them for you. It should be fairly simple.
    I be no glasses mon, but this be wut I thought of first too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panda Bear)
    This is why I hate 3D films. Always wondered how glasses wearers coped with this.

With great difficulty and discomfort, believe me :p:

That's why I usually don't bother with 3D and go for the 2D if they're available... cheaper as well, win/win

Means I'll probably never ever get a 3D TV though.

ReputationRep:
    Well your uni might not be a good one but all you can focus on now is getting a first... oh wait, you've actually made a thread on a different topic

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.