Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Happy feet fish Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was told by a friend that the fish in those foot spas are starved so that they will eat the dead skin on your feet.
    I was thinking about giving it a go for fun, but after hearing this im not sure, it seems cruel, does anyone know if this is true?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's true. I don't like the whole gimmicky ethics behind it tbh. My friend used to work there and said the number of fish which died due to poor treatment and were just thrown away was sickening. I just feel it's totally unnecessary and wouldn't make me feel happy at all.

ReputationRep:
    Either way, I should think that gobbling on the groggy underflesh of your extremities is cruel enough for any creature.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billydodger)
    Yeah, it's true. I don't like the whole gimmicky ethics behind it tbh. My friend used to work there and said the number of fish which died due to poor treatment and were just thrown away was sickening. I just feel it's totally unnecessary and wouldn't make me feel happy at all.
    Yeah, I always had it in my head that they would enjoy it as they seem keen to nibble people's feet but if they are only doing it due to being starved then it just doesn't seem fair at all!

ReputationRep:
    " The fish live in freshwater pools too warm to sustain nutrients. They are so ravenous, they are only to happy to nibble away at dead human skin with their sucky, toothless mouths."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    Either way, I should think that gobbling on the groggy underflesh of your extremities is cruel enough for any creature.
    very true

ReputationRep:
    I asked something along the lines of ''what happens if they're just not hungry?'' when I went for a nosey in one of the shops that opened where I live, and the guys working there said the fish don't even eat the skin?

:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I thought we were taking about Tony - the fish with feet!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.