Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've no idea why, but the idea of knitting a huge gigantic cosy blanket has come into my head. Anyone else knit? Gonna google how to knit...

ReputationRep:
    everyone I know seems to be knitting at the moment.

I used to be able to do it but haven't for a while, maybe I'll knit a scarf this year

ReputationRep:
    I tried knitting once. My Textiles teacher gave me a yellow ball of wool and told me to knit a small square. What I actually ended up with was something resembling a banana.

ReputationRep:
    Holy ****, good timing! I spent Christmas with my boyfriend's family and his mother is a knitting fiend. I'd never learnt but had always wanted to and for part of my Christmas present from them, his mom surprised me with a pair of knitting needles and three balls of yarn. I'm now addicted.

ReputationRep:
    i did for a bit- and by that i mean a week, it's easy to pick up most i did was a scarf though

damn i'm sad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doubledot)
    Holy ****, good timing! I spent Christmas with my boyfriend's family and his mother is a knitting fiend. I'd never learnt but had always wanted to and for part of my Christmas present from them, his mom surprised me with a pair of knitting needles and three balls of yarn. I'm now addicted.
    I might make a knitting society! I want to knit my boyfriend a gigantic big blanket because in his breaks at work he likes to sit in his car reading books

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to learn, but I just don't seem to be able to do it Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine. I sew. Way more fun.

For some reason the only people in school that do stuff like knitting and crocheting are the guys. Another girl and I sew, but that's just minor stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amsie/)
    i did for a bit- and by that i mean a week, it's easy to pick up most i did was a scarf though

damn i'm sad
    I've got no-one to teach me My grandma used to knit loads but she passed away last year so I have no way of learning apart from youtube!

Yes, my granny does.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by insignificant)
      I've got no-one to teach me My grandma used to knit loads but she passed away last year so I have no way of learning apart from youtube!
      Snap. My nanna was awesome at knitting, but she's not alive any more and I don't have anyone that's patient enough to teach me :puppyeyes:

I really wish I could knit though, being able to make my own cable knit jumpers would be amazing!

ReputationRep:
      I did in summer, but I was rubbish at it so soon after stopped , it is relaxing once you get the gist of it

ReputationRep:
      I heard that G-Unit. No really, they do.

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
      I crochet but I've been teaching myself to knit properly, I've got as far as stocking stitch...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
      Snap. My nanna was awesome at knitting, but she's not alive any more and I don't have anyone that's patient enough to teach me :puppyeyes:

I really wish I could knit though, being able to make my own cable knit jumpers would be amazing!
      I'm watching this like :eek:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by nerd123)
      I did in summer, but I was rubbish at it so soon after stopped , it is relaxing once you get the gist of it
      Thats what I'm hoping for! When I get angry I'll just grab my knitting and start knitting furiously! haha

ReputationRep:
      Hmm... this was interesting. I thought a lot more people knitted.
      Is textile work a mandatory subject in schools in the UK? The reason for my question is that it is mandatory where I live, so most of us learn how to knit. In France it isn't though, so that makes me a bit curious about how you do it.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Skogstokig)
      Hmm... this was interesting. I thought a lot more people knitted.
      Is textile work a mandatory subject in schools in the UK? The reason for my question is that it is mandatory where I live, so most of us learn how to knit. In France it isn't though, so that makes me a bit curious about how you do it.
      Nope. You can choose to do Textiles as part of GCSE DT but that's all. I did textiles but we never did any knitting, just using sewing machines.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by insignificant)
      I've no idea why, but the idea of knitting a huge gigantic cosy blanket has come into my head. Anyone else knit? Gonna google how to knit...
      zomfg your sig is amazing.

Do I knit? ...well...omfg your sig.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
      Nope. You can choose to do Textiles as part of GCSE DT but that's all. I did textiles but we never did any knitting, just using sewing machines.
      I guess I should consider myself lucky then... I studied it for seven years, which included quite a lot of knitting

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.