Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 12 currently studying Art: Critical & contextual studies (similar to art history but with combined practical work), spanish, history and RS.
    I want to apply to good universities such as UCL and Edinburgh which are known to be good for art history.
    Does anyone know of anything extra curricular I could do which may increase my chances of being accepted?
    I was thinking of going to the UCL summer school course, but is there anything I could do during my own time or at school?

Also, any book recommendations which may help gain wider knowledge of the history of art would be appreciated!

thank you.

ReputationRep:
    http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=q...page&q&f=false

This book might be helpful for you.

ReputationRep:
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Gonbrich's History of art textbook is the one we use for AS. There are also programmer on BBC 4 at the moment which are good. Hope that helps! Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.