Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Embarrassing myself to my lecturer watch

Announcements

So, I just had one of those moments where I couldn't remember, or at least wasn't sure I remembered, the date of an exam. Ten or fifteen minutes hunting for it on our virtual learning environment, couldn't find it ... so I e-mailed the lecturer with what I thought it was, and asked her to confirm or correct it.

Sent it off, went to log off of the VLE. What's this I see in the options panel? A calendar. With the date, time and place of our exam on it. :facepalm: Now my lecturer must think I'm a moron; at least it was the date and time I included in the e-mail, so maybe I look more anxious than stupid.

Anyone embarrassed themselves to a lecturer and, if so, please share the story, if only because misery loves company? :p:

ReputationRep:
    Thats really not that embarassing =s
    I cant believe I just wasted a minute of my life reading that.
    And now im so annoyed I wasted my time, Im wasting even more time telling you.

ReputationRep:
    lol no not really.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Ah, don't worry. I e-mailed Goldsmiths to find out when my course for next term is scheduled. Waited about 3 days for a reply but nothing, so phoned them. Then she was like "we gave it to you in October. It's on the VLE" and I was like, "oh yeah!" Obviously felt like a bit of a muppet but hey: **** happens

ReputationRep:
    not embarrassing at all...

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I'm not even sure you can show your face at uni again. Drop out and go to London Met; at least there you won't be burdened with shame.

ReputationRep:
    Not that big an issue really.

(Original post by JCC-MGS)
    To be honest I'm not even sure you can show your face at uni again. Drop out and go to London Met; at least there you won't be burdened with shame.
    How do you know I don't already? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    im 5'7 tall
    weight 7.6 stones quite happy with it !!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whereareyoustaring)
    im 5'7 tall
    ohhhh shiit i posted in a wrong thread
    SOOOOOOOOORY

im 5'7 tall
    Was about to say... :lol:

ReputationRep:
    LOLOLOLOL OMG CRINGE!

if it's any consolation i cried in an osce in front of one of my lecturers...

ReputationRep:
    That's not even embarrassing...it's not like you seduced her, recorded your 'meeting' then had her upload it on to Youtube with 'lol loser' as the description. Now that would be embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    Not a lecturer because i'm still at school but I was helping put things on the wall in art and my art teacher was underneath me passing things up and i slipped standing on the table and feel literally right on top of him and it looked so wrong...xD

That was certainly embarassing

Another time was in french I said the teacher had a nice arse in french without meaning too, because I messed up the pronounciation xD

ReputationRep:
    That's not bad! :p:

One of my close friends did the lecture recording for one of the lecturers and fancied the pants off him...after one lecture she collected the recorder from him and joined me and some other friends; we were talking and she kept going on about how much she fancied him and how she got to stand next to him "for like 5 minutes!!" and the whole time she "was just staring at his face"....yep, she hadn't stopped the recording and the whole thing was made available to all the students and teachers of the module :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    im 5'7 tall
    Haha, I was so just on that thread too :P

ReputationRep:
    That is the one of the least most embarrassing moments I have ever heard in the my rather short history of listening to people's most embarrassing moments.

TRUE STORY:

I was 13 and unfortunately had really really heavy periods. Because I went to a girls school, we had to wear skirts so things got quite dangerous at times. I was in history class once and bled so heavily I left a massive blood clot on the chair when I left. I rushed out of the room at the end but forgot my bag so had to go back for it, I decided to pull a sicky aswell so that I could go home but the receptionist wasnt believing me and decided we should have a chat to try and make me stay...didnt work. I went home anyway and actually changed schools quite soon after. On my first day my form tutor asked my where I had been previously, i said the name of the school and he replied...."Oh!, my wife would have taught you history then."

What you did wasnt so bad.

At my uni they would never read it in time anyway...

ReputationRep:
    dont worry. they ignore most emails anyway.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 28, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.