The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RollerBall
So one pint turned into many. We did he "PBL write up challenge" which consisted of a gin and tonid, a int of strongbow, a pint of perry cider (8% might i add), a pint of deperadoes, a bottle of iwne. oh and two shots ofr htis psycick bull**** which tasted like vomit.

I had bpbl at 9 which i turned up to mashed and without sleep. I am such a mess. I turned up absolutly ****ing krebs cycled. Like sluring and mixing up words. I'd been sick once outside. It was 9am.

Instead of doing my SAQs I turned the sheet over and drew a massive welsh dragon in biro. I scored 1/10 for effort. Apparently I admitted not doing my PBL cause I was up till 5am doing my write up then went and got hammered with overpriced drink from the 24hour near me. Then when he asked my qeustion to the person next to me I appaerntly shouted "AT LEAST I'VE GOT MY ATTENDANCE MARK!" then sat back in my chair looking reall smug.

I just had to go apologise to my pbl tutor while still being half cut so he won't rport mne. He's a prtety nice guy so i dont think he will though. He seemed to like my apology and accepted my write up with bno isseues.

worst opf all, I have the hardest exam of the first year. Ojn friday. Which is three days away. I have done no work. I am ****ed.

Oh dear :p:
Reply 2721

Instead of doing my SAQs I turned the sheet over and drew a massive welsh dragon in biro.

:biggrin: this surely must have redeemed you?
So one pint turned into many. We did he "PBL write up challenge" which consisted of a gin and tonid, a int of strongbow, a pint of perry cider (8% might i add), a pint of deperadoes, a bottle of iwne. oh and two shots ofr htis psycick bull**** which tasted like vomit.

I had bpbl at 9 which i turned up to mashed and without sleep. I am such a mess. I turned up absolutly ****ing krebs cycled. Like sluring and mixing up words. I'd been sick once outside. It was 9am.

Instead of doing my SAQs I turned the sheet over and drew a massive welsh dragon in biro. I scored 1/10 for effort. Apparently I admitted not doing my PBL cause I was up till 5am doing my write up then went and got hammered with overpriced drink from the 24hour near me. Then when he asked my qeustion to the person next to me I appaerntly shouted "AT LEAST I'VE GOT MY ATTENDANCE MARK!" then sat back in my chair looking reall smug.

I just had to go apologise to my pbl tutor while still being half cut so he won't rport mne. He's a prtety nice guy so i dont think he will though. He seemed to like my apology and accepted my write up with bno isseues.

worst opf all, I have the hardest exam of the first year. Ojn friday. Which is three days away. I have done no work. I am ****ed.

:rofl:

That's awesome.
Original post by Tech
:biggrin: this surely must have redeemed you?

My friend is welsh. He mentioned Swansea to my flatmate when he came round for coffee once, she went "swansea's not in Wales", he was like "Um.. I'm welsh". She later was still convinced it wasn't in Wales and then discovered she meant Swanley, which is in Kent and so is near her.

When she discovered this, she posted on his facebook wall apologising and said "sorry, you're right, Swansey IS in wales".

I then pointed out that it's SwanSEA, not SwanSEY, and she got confused again and thought I was wrong. Then I got good old google maps.

Bless.

By the way welsh people are so incredibly proud of wales all the time :p:
Original post by Jessaay!
:rofl:

That's awesome.

Original post by Jessaay!
My friend is welsh. He mentioned Swansea to my flatmate when he came round for coffee once, she went "swansea's not in Wales", he was like "Um.. I'm welsh". She later was still convinced it wasn't in Wales and then discovered she meant Swanley, which is in Kent and so is near her.

When she discovered this, she posted on his facebook wall apologising and said "sorry, you're right, Swansey IS in wales".

I then pointed out that it's SwanSEA, not SwanSEY, and she got confused again and thought I was wrong. Then I got good old google maps.

Bless.

By the way welsh people are so incredibly proud of wales all the time :p:

Wales is a delicious place. I'm not so much proud. I just understand it's better than England. When people state otherwise I normally correct them. I'd do that with anything they said though.

I've got my SAQs, I might scan them and post them later if I can be bothered. I got the strangest look off the coffee woman when I woke up at 3.30pm in the Garrod buildings coffee room alone in the dark hung over. I must have been asleep on the sofa in there face down for like 5 hours.
(edited 13 years ago)
Rollerball, you are a shambles, sir.

Carry on.
I got to see a hip and knee replacement today :smile: And I could answer the questions the surgeon was asking (and one anatomy question that the FY1/2 couldn't :teehee:)
Reply 2727
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I got to see a hip and knee replacement today :smile: And I could answer the questions the surgeon was asking (and one anatomy question that the FY1/2 couldn't :teehee:)
I got a hip under spinal today, I could answer questions about whether the whisky from Skye or Islay was better and nobody asked me any ****ting anatomy questions.
Reply 2728
So one pint turned into many.
You are a hero and a shining example to the pre-freshers.
Original post by Renal
I got a hip under spinal today, I could answer questions about whether the whisky from Skye or Islay was better and nobody asked me any ****ting anatomy questions.

Go on then... where is the best whisky from? My boyfriend's family keep trying to discuss whisky with me now I live in Scotland, and I haven't got a bloody clue.
Reply 2730
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Go on then... where is the best whisky from? My boyfriend's family keep trying to discuss whisky with me now I live in Scotland, and I haven't got a bloody clue.
Ireland :p:

I really like the Islay single malts, but it's very much a personal taste.
Original post by Renal
Ireland :p:

I really like the Islay single malts, but it's very much a personal taste.

Well then its whiskey :wink: out of interest though, which Irish whiskey do you think is the best?
Reply 2732
Original post by It could be lupus
Well then its whiskey :wink: out of interest though, which Irish whiskey do you think is the best?
I love Connemara.
Original post by Renal
I love Connemara.

Ah haven't had it yet. Only thing I've had is the local Bushmills, which is better than the standard JD but not as good as many of the whiskys from Scotland
Original post by Becca-Sarah

Speyside. :p:
Bleh. Extra tired today from armying....gutted because it's my fav night out tonight and not feeling up for it :frown:

at risk of sounding killjoy i dont know how you got away with this, stinks of FTP committee to me!
Reply 2737
Original post by edcourageous
at risk of sounding killjoy i dont know how you got away with this, stinks of FTP committee to me!
You haven't turned up drunk? To anything? Not even hungover?

Christ, I think my year would have shrunk by a good hundred people if people actually got disciplined for being students.
Original post by Renal
You haven't turned up drunk? To anything? Not even hungover?

Christ, I think my year would have shrunk by a good hundred people if people actually got disciplined for being students.

Friday mornings on outfirms.....
Reply 2739
Original post by digitalis
Friday mornings on outfirms.....
Oh the joys of early morning surgical ward rounds multiplied a thousand-fold.

Latest

Trending

Trending