The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Finished my examss! OSCE done today D:

Fingers crossed I've passed!
Reply 281
Original post by Kinkerz
Bleurgh. Stats exam today... made a ****ing stupid mistake. Bugger. Knowledge exam tomorrow.

Did you just switch degrees without knowing:biggrin: You aren't the only one, some of my friends were complaining about it too.
Reply 282
Anyone else been watching One Born Every Minute? I think we should start making bets on what type of delivery each woman is going to end up with - I got them both right yesterday! :biggrin:
Reply 283
Original post by Lantana
Did you just switch degrees without knowing:biggrin: You aren't the only one, some of my friends were complaining about it too.

Sometimes it feels like it...

The irksome thing is, it wasn't even that bad a paper! I just didn't read thoroughly enough and jumped in with an answer that was wrong. It was an answer that kind of needed to be right to do well on the remainder (about half) of the paper too. Bad times.
Reply 284
Original post by Helenia
Anyone else been watching One Born Every Minute? I think we should start making bets on what type of delivery each woman is going to end up with - I got them both right yesterday! :biggrin:
You mean like "Fat whinging scrote - CSec for Failure to Progress"?
Original post by Renal

If your prof pic on FB is what you do btw, I'm very jealous ^_^
Reply 286
Original post by Philosoraptor
If your prof pic on FB is what you do btw, I'm very jealous ^_^
Not quite, I did get to dress up like that and hang out on that rooftop for a bit, but not anymore.
Original post by Renal
Not quite, I did get to dress up like that and hang out on that rooftop for a bit, but not anymore.

:frown:
You can do it for free can't you? Volunteer your services?

There's an elective, but apparently nowadays it doesn't allow students out to do anything exciting , but rather just stay in A&E...not sure how true this is?
Reply 288
Original post by Renal

Pretty much. :colone: Though my experience of inductions so far is enough to put me off going through it personally - they always seem to end in crash CS, after several painful exhausting days with the continuous thud of the CTG in the background.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 289
Original post by Renal

& length/detail of birth plan proportional to number of complications..! :tongue:

Working... & trying to revise & move. :facepalm:
Original post by ilovehotchocolate
So I wrote my essay to the mark scheme and my tutor agrees I perfectly met all the criteria laid down in the mark scheme, but apparently she has a more detailed one in her head that I didn't meet all the criteria of, so I don't get perfect marks. I know I shouldn't grumble cos I passed, but seriously?! What is the point of a mark scheme if it doesn't show what you need to do to get excellent? Gah! I start statistics tomorrow, bleurgh....

I know exactly how you feel, with many SSUs marking has almost as much to do with who the facilitator is it does to the the quality of the essay. Some never fail anyone and always give someone in the group a 20, some never give above a 15. Its very frustrating, but just move on, keep doing what you're doing, and hopefully next time you'll get someone more reasonable and it will balance out a bit. Good luck for AMK!
Reply 291
Original post by ilovehotchocolate
So I wrote my essay to the mark scheme and my tutor agrees I perfectly met all the criteria laid down in the mark scheme, but apparently she has a more detailed one in her head that I didn't meet all the criteria of, so I don't get perfect marks. I know I shouldn't grumble cos I passed, but seriously?! What is the point of a mark scheme if it doesn't show what you need to do to get excellent? Gah! I start statistics tomorrow, bleurgh....

The results for the formative SSU are out already ?
Reply 292
Original post by Elles
& length/detail of birth plan proportional to number of complications..! :tongue:

Working... & trying to revise & move. :facepalm:

I saw a six page one once. Laminated. :eek:
Reply 293
Original post by Onychophagia
Eurgh, I wish I had my dissection today. I had to get up for an introductory lecture at 9:00 and now don't have anything 'til 15:00. Instead, i've got my dissection tomorrow morning when i'll be ridiculously hungover - it's pretty much guaranteed i'll throw up on the cadaver. FML

How'd it go? :tongue:
Original post by Kanonoji
The results for the formative SSU are out already ?

Nope, the portfolio analysis. SSU's not out until 24th January.
I have somehow managed to pass my written paper :woo: :biggrin:

I was convinced I had failed. OMG so happy :biggrin:
Reply 296
Original post by Helenia
I saw a six page one once. Laminated. :eek:

Sensible. :cool:
I might do that... so far mostly involves:

Spoiler

Shouldn't be more than a page - have I missed anything? :tongue: Ah yes, the whale/classical music... etc.

My next niece/nephew is planned as a home birth (G2 P1 - also home birth!) - I am far too paranoid.
Reply 297
One born every minute is great. Highlight was watching my housemate react to a woman screaming during labour (she was the medical student on labour ward that day). I was hoping to make my big break and become a tv doctor through the show but I did O+G in pompey instead. My best friend had her little girl there though, lots of nice memories.

In other news, I am relieved that I know what I want to do with my life. How does one go about opening a cake shop?
Reply 298
Original post by Elles
Sensible. :cool:
I might do that... so far mostly involves:

Spoiler

Shouldn't be more than a page - have I missed anything? :tongue: Ah yes, the whale/classical music... etc.

My next niece/nephew is planned as a home birth (G2 P1 - also home birth!) - I am far too paranoid.

My fiancé was born in the bath at home, though more by accident than pre-planned! I agree though, I'd never EVER opt to do it myself - firstly it's just dangerous and secondly I want someone else to have to clean up the mess afterwards. None of those hippy birth centres either for me; I have no idea if I'll need an epidural or not and I'd rather not have to wait ages for a labour ward bed to become available if I DO decide I want one, aside again from the whole dangerous thing. I pretty much agree with your plan; not sure it's worth me writing it down. And not something to worry about for a while yet!

Sarky - I don't know, but let me know when you do it and I'll come and buy stuff...
Reply 299
Is home-birthing done on the NHS?

Latest

Trending

Trending