The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7180
How do I know if I'm writing a critical appraisal correctly? If it's all wishy washy that's a good thing, right? :sigh:
Reply 7181
Original post by Beska
How do I know if I'm writing a critical appraisal correctly? If it's all wishy washy that's a good thing, right? :sigh:

No! Cold hard facts (levels of evidence based statements) & scientific shreading. :colone:
Reply 7182
Original post by Elles
No! Cold hard facts (levels of evidence based statements) & scientific shreading. :colone:

Ah bloody hell. No idea what I'm doing!
Reply 7183
£475 overdraft... i feel like i should be homeless and begging but I'm not :cry2:
****ING UKFPO! IT HAD BETTER UPDATE SOON OR PIGGY SMASH!

-tlp
Original post by malaz_197
£475 overdraft... i feel like i should be homeless and begging but I'm not :cry2:

You've a way to go yet before you hit that stage. I don't think my account saw the black for the whole of clinical school. Got perilously close to the OD limit too. But after one or two paycheques you'll be fine. :smile:
Reply 7186
Original post by Helenia
You've a way to go yet before you hit that stage. I don't think my account saw the black for the whole of clinical school. Got perilously close to the OD limit too. But after one or two paycheques you'll be fine. :smile:

pay cheques are 18 months away :frown: (possibly longer)

I have been paying for a flat in tooting that I have not lived in for 3 months because my placements have been all over the place! I hate George's admin!
I passed Paediatrics :biggrin: Got results yesterday! Amusingly did better in the OSCE - which I thought I'd failed, than the written :/
Original post by Philosoraptor
I passed Paediatrics :biggrin: Got results yesterday! Amusingly did better in the OSCE - which I thought I'd failed, than the written :/

Congrats! Are these part of your finals? As in you have no further paeds content in your exams?
Reply 7189
Everything is closing down in Glasgow because of the winds! Got chucked out of library and told to go home before it gets too bad.
Reply 7190
Original post by malaz_197

I see your 475 and I raise you 1,400.

I don't even worry about it anymore. 0% interest, you'll clear it when you graduate, meh?
Original post by lekky

I don't even worry about it anymore. 0% interest, you'll clear it when you graduate, meh?

So true. If I can graduate with a bank balance of £0.00, I will be one superhappy girl. Slightly nervous that this is the first year since I was 15 that I have no form of employment whatsoever...
Wondering if the banks will get arsey with me trying to get an overdraft as a graduate medic. What do you guys reckon?

(And do they give you a period in which they charge you no interest after graduation to give you time to receive your first wage?)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Congrats! Are these part of your finals? As in you have no further paeds content in your exams?

Correctamundo!

My finals for Paediatrics (and dermatology...) are now ovah!

(They can still put basic derm/paeds into real finals, but only stuff that you'd see in GPland/F1ness)

E.g. URTI kid still legit, Kawasaki's not so much...
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Wondering if the banks will get arsey with me trying to get an overdraft as a graduate medic. What do you guys reckon?

(And do they give you a period in which they charge you no interest after graduation to give you time to receive your first wage?)

It varies with each bank, but with HSBC, I had £2000 overdraft by the time I finished. When I converted to a graduate account, I kept a total of £2K limit, had one year of £1500 interest free (I got angry with them over this, as this is what they give to graduates of 3 year courses, so they were charging me more for having done a longer course), then one year of £500 interest free, and after that the whole overdraft is still available, I'd just have to pay interest on it.

As I said above though, I spent most of my last 2 years in my overdraft and came perilously close to maxing it out at times. I was permanently out of it within about 3 months of working.
(edited 12 years ago)

You're on an undergrad degree, technically... Could try it with a student account.

When you graduate with a student account they normally convert it to a grad account which has a period of interest free overdraft - I think I get a year of £2000 and then a further year of £1000 before interest kicks in.
Reply 7196
How do you all stay motivated? Its only christmas break after first term and the volume of work is seriously depressing me, especially because 90% of it is soul crushingly boring.

:sigh:
Original post by SabreT
How do you all stay motivated? Its only christmas break after first term and the volume of work is seriously depressing me, especially because 90% of it is soul crushingly boring.

:sigh:

It gets better and less boring with time. Make sure you have some definite medicine/revision-free time over Christmas :yes:
Reply 7198
Original post by lekky

guess the more I sink in debt the more comfortable it would feel :rolleyes:

I fluttered my eyelashes :flutter: at Natwest who I had my student account with and said that I was doing a GEM course so would still technically be a student and could we keep my account as a student one and not change to graduate. I think they had to phone someone somewhere and photocopied my UCAS letter. I don't get the free rail card anymore though :cry: My overdraft is worse (I'm even more broke) than when I was at 1st uni!

Latest

Trending

Trending