The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Penguinsaysquack

You'll have to record it at some point or something. Or god forbid we ever manage to arrange a TSR medic meet :lol:

As much I was just whining about the medic bubble, I think this should be done.
Reply 7381
Original post by No Future
Cool :smile:

Are there more of us?

Obviously :biggrin: Well I'll see how everything turns out next year.

Original post by a moist feeling
Unfortunately this happens :tongue: he lives like 4 doors away from me :sigh:

:facepalm:

You'll have to record it at some point or something. Or god forbid we ever manage to arrange a TSR medic meet :lol:

Maybe not then... The noodles in my cupboard just sit there :redface:

Does it actually need to be learnt though? :wink:

Oh and moisty is currently 3 doors down from me.. so could communicate via TSR if need be :lol:

Easter? I'll be stuck in the UK for a few weeks with nothing but revision to do... :tongue:

Well... If you put it like that... :smile: Don't you sometimes feel a little uncomfortable knowing that you can become a doctor by simply knowing 50% of the syllabus? :s-smilie:

Again. :facepalm:

Anyhoes... Needa meet a lecturer at 8am tmrw :frown:

Night guys! :goodnight:
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
As much I was just whining about the medic bubble, I think this should be done.

Would be pretty awesome if it could be arranged :colone:

Will have to try and sort something out at some point.. eventually :yep:

Original post by Vulpes
Obviously :biggrin: Well I'll see how everything turns out next year.

:facepalm:

Easter? I'll be stuck in the UK for a few weeks with nothing but revision to do... :tongue:

Well... If you put it like that... :smile: Don't you sometimes feel a little uncomfortable knowing that you can become a doctor by simply knowing 50% of the syllabus? :s-smilie:

Again. :facepalm:

Anyhoes... Needa meet a lecturer at 8am tmrw :frown:

Night guys! :goodnight:

It's a possibility... will leave logistics to someone else :ninja:

If you put it like that then it's a bit worrying :tongue:

But yeah, nice to know just need to pass... until quartiles/deciles actually matter..

You'd do the same if you could :tongue:
Am I the only one who quite likes the medic bubble? It might be because I'm still in pretty close contact with friends from home who are in IT/Chemistry/etc and my girlfriend is doing psychology.

Original post by GodspeedGehenna
I've been in two long term relationships consecutively for the last 7 years. Been single for the last 6 months - I've had a lot of fun but now I'm bored of it and miss having a gf.

/whining

I've been in a relationship for the past six years (Well, six in April), I genuinely don't think I'd know how to behave as a singleton.

PS. your current sig is awesome. I crack up every time I see it.
Original post by Philosoraptor
I swear our theatres don't allow crocs due to the gaps and therefore not H&S compliant lol

That's just the ones with holes in them. The closed ones are fine, though your feet do sweat like two little piggies. I own my own pair of crocs which I wear almost every day at the moment. Bought them as an FY1 in ortho when the entirety of the female theatre staff seemed to be under 5ft and have child-sized feet.

As for the relationship thing, I can't complain too much (though if you guys want some true emo-forever-alone misery, look at my posts from when I was in 2nd year!). My schoolfriends thankfully mostly avoided having babies for a while. What freaked me out completely was being on O&G placement when I saw several girls the same age as me (23 at the time) on pregnancy #4. :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mushi_master
Ugh, reflective accounts. Fortunately I only have to do one this year but it's still painful.

Wait until you have an eportfolio...
Penguinsaysquack
x

Did you go RAGing on Wednesday? :awesome:
Original post by RollerBall
Am I the only one who quite likes the medic bubble? It might be because I'm still in pretty close contact with friends from home who are in IT/Chemistry/etc and my girlfriend is doing psychology.

Same, my best friends are doing Law and Art therapy - thankfully our conversations never enter the realm of medicine! But I like having medical student friends here, especially since intercalating - but kinda feel out of the loop a bit and not looking forward into going back into the year below. Only know ~5 people :frown:

And what is all this relationship talk? Are people getting sentimental because of Christmas :tongue:

I'm not really bothered about relationships, will get married after graduation but to even think of marriage now is scary! I have far too much growing up to do (have been using a sonic screwdriver in the lab to look at southern blots hehe - it has a UV light and so works as a portable UV lamp :wink: )! And far too many things I want to see and do before getting tied down.
(edited 12 years ago)

I quite like it, but it can get stifling at times.
Reply 7389
Having to submit 2 separate parts of an assignment - which are separately formatted and look completely different - as a single word document is bloody irritating. :argh:
Reply 7390
Original post by Beska
Having to submit 2 separate parts of an assignment - which are separately formatted and look completely different - as a single word document is bloody irritating. :argh:

Why do you have to do that?
Original post by FFCrusader
Did you go RAGing on Wednesday? :awesome:

:no:

I was going to but then I woke up at midday and needed to get to rowing which was then cancelled so spent the day watching films instead :ashamed:

I plan to do something for the next RAG day though :yep:

Also just got my FunMed results. I passed! :woo:

Wooooo gotta love passing FunMed :tongue:
This is BS. Last year we were told in four different lectures how our rankings would be calculated. Low and behold, it comes to the release of the rankings for use with intercalated degrees and they've changed it so that it's based so that our ICAs, PBL write ups, Medsoc (WHAT THE ****?) has an equal effect as our entire end of year written paper and that our anatomy end of year spotter and OSCE count for **** all.

THis has put my ranking through the floor as we were told time and time again that our paper A only counted for calculation of merits and not our over all ranking.
Reply 7394

I was going to but then I woke up at midday and needed to get to rowing which was then cancelled so spent the day watching films instead :ashamed:

Original post by a moist feeling
Wooooo gotta love passing FunMed :tongue:

Grats :tongue:

Out of curiosity... What happens if you fail? And did anyone? Haha.

You should be ashamed, you could have made the total go up :p:

Never mind, RAG week is where you can make up for it :wink:

Well done for passing FunMed :biggrin:

I realised from Crash Course that I need to create minions helpers to help me count the money, it's a bit much for me to handle on my own :lolwut:
This is BS. Last year we were told in four different lectures how our rankings would be calculated. Low and behold, it comes to the release of the rankings for use with intercalated degrees and they've changed it so that it's based so that our ICAs, PBL write ups, Medsoc (WHAT THE ****?) has an equal effect as our entire end of year written paper and that our anatomy end of year spotter and OSCE count for **** all.

THis has put my ranking through the floor as we were told time and time again that our paper A only counted for calculation of merits and not our over all ranking.

I can't remember how they did the ranking in my year last year? I definitely recall them using the written papers but not so sure about paper A? To be honest I'm not entirely sure if the rankings play that much of a role with applying to an internal intercalated degree, but that is probably because they were more or less forcing my year into one...
Reply 7397
:party:

Day off tmrw. Thursday morning lectures cancelled. Half-day on Friday.

:woo:

Btw, any cocktail recommendations? I've only recently turned 18 :tongue:
Original post by Vulpes
Grats :tongue:

Out of curiosity... What happens if you fail? And did anyone? Haha.

:ta:

If you fail then it's not an immediate problem. You have to meet an academic tutor to discuss why you failed and then it just makes it harder to pass paper A which you must pass in order to take the end of year exams :smile:

Looking at the stats it seems that about 18 people failed to get 50%. The lowest was one person getting 15% :erm:

Original post by FFCrusader
You should be ashamed, you could have made the total go up :p:

Never mind, RAG week is where you can make up for it :wink:

Well done for passing FunMed :biggrin:

I realised from Crash Course that I need to create minions helpers to help me count the money, it's a bit much for me to handle on my own :lolwut:

I could and should have done :sadnod:

But yeah, RAG week will see me actually do something...

Yeah, can't imagine it's fun counting all that money, especially the loose change :redface:
Original post by Vulpes
:party:

Day off tmrw. Thursday morning lectures cancelled. Half-day on Friday.

:woo:

Btw, any cocktail recommendations? I've only recently turned 18 :tongue:

Shush :unimpressed:

Go do your essay :tongue:
Reply 7399
Shush :unimpressed:

Go do your essay :tongue:

Ooohhh yeaaaa :biggrin:

http://www.facebook.com/events/130136437098732/

How can anyone think about work after seeing that?

Latest

Trending

Trending