The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Whisky sours
Original post by digitalis
Whisky sours

Not just a nerd eh? :biggrin:

Haha I'm running on 3 hours sleep and about to go out drinking...again. hahah :biggrin:
Original post by Philosoraptor
Lol 21st - 24th I think - then my friend is coming down from glasgow on new years (this is all very tentative haha).

You going back to HK?

Ah cool. Have fun in Glasgow.

I'm going back home London way. HK next summer possibly!
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
Went to one by the Glasgow Evidence based medical soc last month, was at the RCPSG (it was on Academic Medicine). Enjoyed it very much! Going next year too.

The programme looks good, would have liked it if they had more cardiovascular seminars though. Hmm its in January, might end up going. Hate the drive though - takes five and a half hours to get to Glasgow from home :frown:

Are you presenting?

No, I was just thinking of going.
Original post by No Future
Ah cool. Have fun in Glasgow.

I'm going back home London way. HK next summer possibly!

Ah whereabouts? Roughly hahah not door number :wink:

(Better keep it short lest we get told off again haha)
Got two more days till holidays! Cannot wait! :woo: Been doing respiratory examinations this week! My middle finger hurts from all the percussion :frown:
So my tooth hurts and the gum it's attached too has swollen up, smooth rounded swelling, slightly compressible and pressing up on the tooth hurts. Thing is, I went to guys acute dental the last and only time this happened and they told me tWas because of biting oddly after some brace work. Soft diet advice etc. That was on diclofenac, tng they did xr and apparedntly it was fine.

Wondering whether to do anything, CBS to trek up again if it's going to be nothing, but then the gum wasn't swollen last time, and would rather it diddnt get worse after I leave London and free dentistry

and no, not gum hyperplasia . Meh.
Reply 7427
Am now on delicious antibiotics and have a drinks date on thurs :wink:

Question: Radiologist said she wasn't allowed to comment on my brain MRI however she did give me a copy on CD (random). Do I look? Or wait for neuro appointment? Tbh my knowledge of neuro anatomy is.....sparse at best.
I got an email today and it was addressed to "Dr [my surname]".. maybe a bit too early seeing as I'm only in first year and have to pass a lot of exams to be able to use that title! It was still quite exciting though!
Original post by Phryx
Anyone else have their own shoes for theatre? I find it impossible to ever find my size in the communal lot.

It's only the bright pink ones that are ever my size

Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I've been single for the past 8 years. And I don't see that changing anytime soon :emo:

:ditto: Although 3 rather than 8, but I was single for 3 before then

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
Oh do we have to talk about relationships and children? :tongue:

:yes: Passes the ice cream

Original post by billet-doux
I found managing uni, friends, going out and a bf a bit too much really, but I'm not sure if that's just me? Maybe I was doing it wrong!

This is why I'm in two minds with whether I'd want to be with someone at present.

Not really something we were going to announce on TSR but yeah, we broke up :sadnod:

I heard :console:

Haha I know that feeling.. seeing that here is all medics and dentists that I come across they all seem to be in relationships...

I know how you feel

Original post by Vulpes

People at cambridge got off last week and start ~ Jan 16th.

:moon:

Seeing as my most recent ex is a humanities student I could be a bit bitchy if needed but shan't be :colone:

Back on the 3rd Jan ffs :colonhash:

:noway::naughty:

I know :sigh:

Original post by Helenia
What freaked me out completely was being on O&G placement when I saw several girls the same age as me (23 at the time) on pregnancy #4. :eek:

:eek: I am 23. Taste of whats to come this year...

Original post by Captain Crash
Wait until you have an eportfolio...

I am not thinking of such things.

Original post by xconfetti
I got an email today and it was addressed to "Dr [my surname]".. maybe a bit too early seeing as I'm only in first year and have to pass a lot of exams to be able to use that title! It was still quite exciting though!

I got called Dr Lantana in my OSCE today which was rather odd. Also, what on earth are you meant to do for a derm exam. We had 1 day on it and I just kind of made it up as I went along :giggle:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Wangers
So my tooth hurts and the gum it's attached too has swollen up, smooth rounded swelling, slightly compressible and pressing up on the tooth hurts.

:ditto: Wait, are you me?
Original post by FFCrusader
Put it this way, if you come to the RAG office during RAG week you'll be able to find me for once :wink:

It's not so bad, I don't count the loose change as it is, I get people to bag them into small money bags and then I do all the rather tedious putting them into larger bags and recording how much we get before having it sent off to the bank.

You freshers did very well that day, so I'll be expecting more of you when RAG week arrives :colone:

Is that your ploy to get me involved?
Tempt me with your identity? :tongue:

You can definitely expect more :colone:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Don't they also get given a student from year 2 or above to tutor them in order to pass it next time? I seem to have seen rather a lot of emails asking people to volunteer to tutor...

Congrats on passing though!

No idea, sounds like an idea though :dontknow:

:ta:
Original post by Lantana
:yes: Passes the ice cream

I heard :console:

I know how you feel

:noway::naughty:

I know :sigh:

Still queen of the multi-quote it seems :tongue:

But yeah you would have heard in PS Help I guess :holmes:

Still queen of the multi-quote it seems :tongue:

Always and forever :bubbles:

Anybody watched this? I can certainly sympathise with some of the feelings bought up.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kinkerz
CV purposes maybe? It's a pretty hardcore basic science test. There's no real point doing it if you have no intention of moving to the USA though. Bloody expensive!

Original post by Renal
You'd be far better served by MRCP which would be far cheaper, a little bit harder and much more significant in this country.

Original post by Becca-Sarah
To have some actual reason to learn all the pre-clin stuff you never actually learned the first time round. And clearly having money to burn...

Apparently the answer to your second question is yes.

Thanks for your replies guys.

I only ask because of the following conversation the other day:

"[within context of conversation] Why would I do the USMLE? I don't intend on going to the US". To which he replied (on the defensive, and as if I'd just said something stupid) "...well yeah, but it would be cool just to do it anyway, you know".

/imperialflippincollege
Is that your ploy to get me involved?
Tempt me with your identity? :tongue:

You can definitely expect more :colone:

Maybe :ninja:

Your curiosity will most likely give in :p:

And then you shall become my minion an awesome RAGer :awesome:

:colone:
Regarding CFS/ME, does anyone have any good links to the literature? Not for any particular assignment - purely to aware me (I don't know what to believe...:beard:)
Original post by Wangers

Original post by Wangers
So my tooth hurts and the gum it's attached too has swollen up, smooth rounded swelling, slightly compressible and pressing up on the tooth hurts. Thing is, I went to guys acute dental the last and only time this happened and they told me tWas because of biting oddly after some brace work. Soft diet advice etc. That was on diclofenac, tng they did xr and apparedntly it was fine.

Wondering whether to do anything, CBS to trek up again if it's going to be nothing, but then the gum wasn't swollen last time, and would rather it diddnt get worse after I leave London and free dentistry

and no, not gum hyperplasia . Meh.

I had something like that when I was away in the summer, is there pus in it if you really press on it?

I just squeezed/squoze(?) all the pus out (yum) then held salt water over that bit of my mouth for as long as I could tolerate then just kept rinsing with salt water. Then got some tetracycline from the pharmacy for it, combination of guessing and my mate at home googling for me got it. And it worked!

My skanky mouth story, I'm sure everyone wanted to know. But yeah I'd just go to the dentist, probably easier. Or get some of that corsodyl mouthwash, it's brutal
Reply 7437
Ah yes.. nothing like a bit of hilariously last minute PBL groupwork.

:facepalm:
Gota be up for an exam in five hours and have spent this evening playing skyrim with flatmates. Again.

I knew I should have waited til Christmas to play it...
Going to finally start studying(at least hoping to)

btw have any of you guys listened to this song?

(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending