The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

first exams tomorrow. feel strangely confident, something that i never ever thought would happen with these exams... anyone any last minute advice? :P
Reply 781
Original post by blonde-beth
first exams tomorrow. feel strangely confident, something that i never ever thought would happen with these exams... anyone any last minute advice? :P

No advice really, but very best of luck!
Original post by blonde-beth

1. Eat loads before the exam.

2. Don't dissect answers with other people after the exam. People will have got it wrong. And people will make you worry.

3. Eat loads after the exam just because you can.

4. If you have no more exams, get a sneaky drink in there as well.

Original post by billet-doux
I know! It's always the same RAG clique who came to lectures, trying to drag the rest of us out. Ah, yeah I can imagine how much harder year 2 must be :frown: not looking forward to it! (providing I even get there.. haha!) If you don't mind me asking, how did you revise for the end of year exams, like in terms of making notes/reading over lectures?

Well it's not that bad, you just knuckle down and get on with it really, and by this point I find I take things in quicker and am better at filtering what I need to know and how much time I should spend.

I wrote shorthand notes for each lecture, spending maybe 15-20 mins on each one, and was revising a scenario a day. Then with the last couple of days just read through the slides a couple of times quite quickly, seemed to work for me.
Original post by Mushi_master
Well it's not that bad, you just knuckle down and get on with it really, and by this point I find I take things in quicker and am better at filtering what I need to know and how much time I should spend.

I wrote shorthand notes for each lecture, spending maybe 15-20 mins on each one, and was revising a scenario a day. Then with the last couple of days just read through the slides a couple of times quite quickly, seemed to work for me.

I've found the same actually. Obviously it's helped actually having done this part of the course before :p: but I've found after the first year, even with lectures I missed last year or content I missed, I know what the important information is and what's not important and can take it in much more easily whereas last year I found myself overwhelmed with remembering facts I probably didn't need to know.

My way of working is probably much slower than yours though. I've found I learn most effectively by writing a LOT of notes which combine the lecture slides, lecture notes and extra reading. So far for this module I've managed to make a word document containing notes and diagrams and it's over 100 pages long and not even finished yet.
Original post by Jessaay!

My way of working is probably much slower than yours though. I've found I learn most effectively by writing a LOT of notes which combine the lecture slides, lecture notes and extra reading. So far for this module I've managed to make a word document containing notes and diagrams and it's over 100 pages long and not even finished yet.

This is basically what I do :yep: I get the PBL outcomes and edit everybody's work into the document meaning it actually properly answers the outcome (occasionally this involves re-doing a whole outcome :p:) and add in all bits of other stuff as well. It seems to have worked for me.....so far :p:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
This is basically what I do :yep: I get the PBL outcomes and edit everybody's work into the document meaning it actually properly answers the outcome (occasionally this involves re-doing a whole outcome :p:) and add in all bits of other stuff as well. It seems to have worked for me.....so far :p:

Yup. I've found simply reading things separately, such as reading the relevant areas of physiology sepearately to reading the lecture notes means you get different bits of knowledge and there's no structure to it whereas if you combine things it feels more structured and organised and things connect a little more.
Reply 787
Original post by Captain Crash
Has anyone else happened upon this idiot in the D&D forum? I don't think I've been so angry at someones views on healthcare - it makes it much worse that he's a student from my med school :mad:

He's banned now anyway, so it's entirely possible that it was all *******s.
I actually did some coursework today. Madness, I tells you.
Original post by Fission_Mailed

Original post by Fission_Mailed
I actually did some coursework today. Madness, I tells you.

I've hit a spot of writer's block in my portfolio essay :sad: It started off fine, and I wrote 500 words without having to think too much, and now I'm stuck. Ahhh well, got a month and 12 days to get it sorted :p:
Warning points: 1000

How does that even happen?
Warning points: 1000

How does that even happen?

I believe it can only occur when the OP has angered the old gods.
I believe it should occur when you are a medic from RUMS. :hand:
Original post by win2kpro

RUMS? :confused:

Am I being really dumb?
RUMS? :confused:

Am I being really dumb?

I think you may have offended the RUMS students even more than I had intended! :rofl:

RUMS = Royal Free and University College Medical School (UCL Medical School)
coursework? what is this madness :p:

I think you may have offended the RUMS students even more than I had intended! :rofl:

:colondollar: Well I've never come across that acronym before :p: (I never even looked at London unis)

Although (not helping matters) I always thought that Royal Free was Barts :confused:

I think I should just shut up now :ninja:

Royal free, university college and middlesex medical students.

Even though the middlesex hasn't existed in god knows how long it still gets honorary mention :p:

I mean, have we never shouted middle, middle, middle, sex, sex, sex, at you? :hand:
(edited 13 years ago)

Jealousy isn't attractive, young one.
:colondollar: Well I've never come across that acronym before :p: (I never even looked at London unis)

Although (not helping matters) I always thought that Royal Free was Barts :confused:

I think I should just shut up now :ninja:

:no:

Latest