The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Penguinsaysquack
:rofl:
In that case I fear you may be an older wiser version of myself :tongue:
Though I'd use TSR to enhance relations :sexface:
I can see why that would be embarassing though! :colone:

That sounds.... awesome :sexface:
I'm surprised and disappointed my seniors didn't go to that.. bet the social secs weren't as good as this years :nah:
Did that night of debauchery include you then? :tongue:

Crew dates in first year ended with a boyfriend for me. Well not on the same night, but after a few encounters of the sort. There's also the UH dinner later in the year after the UH head which ends with sometimes equally as much debauchery and second night stands with those you sharked at crew dates.

Unfortunately he was from ICSM and turned out to be socially and emotionally retarded but still...

This year I have to be on my best behaviour, currently I'm with someone from UCL boat club. A step up from ICSM I guess... and we didn't even meet through rowing... but I seem to be unable to be surrounded by anyone but rowers. It's a curse. Being well behaved does make crew dates a lot less exciting though. :frown: I think I'll just act as matchmaker on the night.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Woody.
Ditto that. Haven't done any fitness, haven't done nearly enough work, haven't done my SSC essay.

:frown:

I started my SSC essay, then got distracted by online shopping. I have so far done two paragraphs of questionable quality. I'm just hoping my presentation went well.
Original post by crazylemon
Looks like I am going to be in theatre 3 days a week...

I can think of few things worse.
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope
I can think of few things worse.

Word. My reg asked me what I wanted to get out of my surgical firm and I made it clear that I wanted to learn the surgical HO's job...last thing I want to do is look over some shoulder's at a surgical field.
Original post by digitalis
Word. My reg asked me what I wanted to get out of my surgical firm and I made it clear that I wanted to learn the surgical HO's job...last thing I want to do is look over some shoulder's at a surgical field.

Standing for 14hrs whilst they argue over whether the diathermy is on or off can wear thin.
Original post by Penguinsaysquack
I finally understand why pre-freshers are scum here..

As a pre-fresher I would attempt to see why that was funny..
As a fresher I realise that that is sadly true..

If I get to progress to second year onwards then **** knows what I would think....

Anyway time to see away my McDonalds having gone to "tables" (said loosely since it's not the same since union has close :frown:) and then cheapskates..
Might as well be a waster as a fresher :cheers:

Lol I certainly wouldn't call them scum, they can learn that UCAS track is not and should not be their lives :p:

But yes, your views before medical school do change quite a lot once you get in. Whether that is for the better or not is another question all together.

But from doing this BSc I can definitely say that I can't wait to go back to medicine! I've had enough of being bored of crap that won't help me remotely in the future :frown: although you do get that feeling in medicine as well

I'm sure you'll do fine to get into second year, you should be getting the hang of everything now :h:

Im in surgery stupid number of days a week. I destest surgery. I cant just stand there for hours.

My condolences.

I have 3 lecture-free days a week. Swap?
Original post by fairy spangles
Neurology is my favouritist!! How could anyone ever hate it??

How could anyone like it??

Original post by Mushi_master

Commuting is not fun either.

:sadnod:

Original post by digitalis
Word. My reg asked me what I wanted to get out of my surgical firm and I made it clear that I wanted to learn the surgical HO's job...last thing I want to do is look over at the back of some shoulders instead of at a surgical field.

Fixed. I always need the steps :sad:
Original post by fairy spangles
Im in surgery stupid number of days a week. I destest surgery. I cant just stand there for hours.

Never a truer word spoken. Or phrase (edit)
Deal. Bare in mind lectures are nap time.

Nah, lectures are for texting FFCrusader from all of three feet away. We only have up to 60 people in a class, sleeping is noticed!

What kind of surgery are you supposed to be watching anyway? I haven't set foot in theatre in over six months, I'm having withdrawal symptoms here!

I have fallen asleep in the front row of 30 people. I am hardcore :tongue:

Tomorrow is a lap choli and a hernia repair

We have someone that either falls asleep (a lot) or is on facebook/skype the whole time.

They fell asleep during a presentation where there were 10 of us in the room, and we were about a metre away from the lecturer :facepalm:

That is epic.
I have napped in a tutorial and got away with it before!

They somehow managed to get away with it. Even though they're a head back, mouth open sleeper :lolwut:

They did get caught asleep in a lecture once though :teehee:

Meh I've just started general medicine 2 days ago and all I've been doing so far are rounds with F1s. The registrar who is sort of our lead tutor is a stuck up b*tch who essentially told me to sod off today when I asked her where I could find a pair of sterilised gloves so I could do a cannula. I foresee a tough 5 weeks ahead of me.

I miss my GP placement. I was treated as a friend there and in many ways an equal. I reckon the stress in hospitals drives some people to being absolute dicks tbh.
Original post by Isometrix
Meh I've just started general medicine 2 days ago and all I've been doing so far are rounds with F1s. The registrar who is sort of our lead tutor is a stuck up b*tch who essentially told me to sod off today when I asked her where I could find a pair of sterilised gloves so I could do a cannula. I foresee a tough 5 weeks ahead of me.

I miss my GP placement. I was treated as a friend there and in many ways an equal. I reckon the stress in hospitals drives some people to being absolute dicks tbh.

You use sterile gloves to cannulate?
Reply 7996
Original post by Helenia
You use sterile gloves to cannulate?
You use gloves to cannulate?
Original post by Renal
You use gloves to cannulate?

*rep*

P.S. Everyone - it's now my birthday!!!! I'm 24 :O :O

People are F2s at this age - fml haha

Love from philo xxx
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Nah, lectures are for texting FFCrusader from all of three feet away. We only have up to 60 people in a class, sleeping is noticed!

What kind of surgery are you supposed to be watching anyway? I haven't set foot in theatre in over six months, I'm having withdrawal symptoms here!

We are such model students :teehee:
Original post by Philosoraptor
*rep*

P.S. Everyone - it's now my birthday!!!! I'm 24 :O :O

People are F2s at this age - fml haha

Love from philo xxx

Happy Birthday :h: