The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I had to teach a first year anatomy session on Monday and they (read: we) were learning how to draw it from the anatomy demonstrator (very similar to the link Digitalis posted actually). Its one of those things you just forget unless you have a really good way of remembering it.
Original post by Vulpes
Got a 2 week placement all the way in Doncaster next month :cry:

Cheer up. Donny ain't bad. It's just far...maybe you're lucky and someone has a car in your group? The doctors in Donny are really keen to teach (and it's got the best hospital food of all the hospitals). In Phase 2 you'll realize the difference in the amount of teaching from the central hospital and peripheral hospitals. It is like night and day. Most of us were in a state of depression when we went from the peripheral hospital (e.g. Doncaster) to NGH or RHH.
Original post by magichearts
Donny ain't bad.

:rofl:

Ere Digi, just thought about how odd it is that we're both in our Final year and almost Doctors. Seems like an age ago when we were forum freshers.

You feel like your ready? I feel like I've got lots to learn in the next 6 months.
Original post by ThisLittlePiggy
Ere Digi, just thought about how odd it is that we're both in our Final year and almost Doctors. Seems like an age ago when we were forum freshers.

You feel like your ready? I feel like I've got lots to learn in the next 6 months.

Getting sentimental are we? :tongue: yeah it has been a long time! TSR has been good to me :smile: Yeah I feel ready, very ready actually. Can't wait to leave the ****ty shackles of studentdom.

You listened to the David Guetta Titanium Alesso remix btw?
Original post by digitalis
Getting sentimental are we? :tongue: yeah it has been a long time! TSR has been good to me :smile: Yeah I feel ready, very ready actually. Can't wait to leave the ****ty shackles of studentdom.

You listened to the David Guetta Titanium Alesso remix btw?

A little rheumy eyed at the tender age of 22. What can I say: it's been emotional.

I'm ready to stop being a student but perhaps not as confident at being a doctor.

Love Titanium, my tune of the moment, so I'll definitely give that a listen! :top:
Original post by ThisLittlePiggy
A little rheumy eyed at the tender age of 22. What can I say: it's been emotional.

I'm ready to stop being a student but perhaps not as confident at being a doctor.

Love Titanium, my tune of the moment, so I'll definitely give that a listen! :top:

Lol you hero, that is very true indeed. It's actually very strange to see lots of forum members 'grow up', the forum SHOs like Helenia, Renal, Elles when they were clinical students and we were freshers!

I just got repped for a post about Woody from 2010, where did he go?!

Alesso remix smashes the standard release.
Original post by Philosoraptor
Oh my dear god - having finally got round to applying to student finance - how the **** am I supposed to survive on £3263 - how are people actually living in 5th/6th year?!?!

Can someone tell me their secret?

Live rent free with your relatives. It's the only way I'm able to afford it and I need to save up for elective :frown:

Original post by John Locke
i thought we only get half the normal minimum SFE maintenance loan? + NHS means tested

:yes:

Original post by fairy spangles
Thankyou i needed hugs!
Im still puking my guts up though and im still trying to rank jobs at the same time - im up to number 20, im never going to get it all done at this rate. I might just get to 200 and give up
Bugger - now it says service unavaliable - even though e-mail says it doesnt close until 23.59.59!!

I'm glad they helped! Are you any better now?

Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Any tips for learning the brachial plexus?

Pipecleaners :yes:
Reply 8668
Sweet. That should do it, cheers.

I made my own model out of pipe cleaners. Making the model was surprisingly helpful. Think I got the idea from someone on here.
The 'At a Glance' series, are actual life-savers!
Any tips for learning the brachial plexus?

The medreg page is once again excellent value...
Reply 8672
Saliva is boring.
Original post by Beska
Saliva is boring.

Are you lot still let loose on each other with needles in first year?
Reply 8674

Yeh :biggrin:

No,we're not allowed to practise on each other (and not sure if true or deterrent (or both) but warned some student damaged another student's radial nerve when taking blood) :s-smilie: we practise on these sponge things with these fake veins running through them.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Beska
Yeh :biggrin:

Was a completely random thought - i think it was in the stages of considered unethical by my university.
Surprised me how some people were only just putting in my first cannula in the last few weeks.
Reply 8677
Original post by crazylemon
we are

I'm pretty sure it's only so we can (truthfully) say in the prospectus that you'll be taking blood within a month of starting... I feel we could have done without for now, to be honest!
I think we started venepuncture in ~ week 8. That said, it was just a one-off session on fake arms.
Reply 8679
I think we started venepuncture in ~ week 8. That said, it was just a one-off session on fake arms.

Ours was a one-off session on real arms... my arms! :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending