The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fission_Mailed
I'm a real PS helper, I swear! I'll do lots and lots of statements in August and September.

You'd better :hmmm:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
You'd better :hmmm:

Sorry (PS help) mum. :frown:
Original post by Wangers

Original post by Wangers
So in the edit profile bit it says 'Please contact the administrator if your date of birth has changed'...

Your picure has changed. This confused me :yep:

And Becca-Sarah got there first :wink: She's probably better to look at it than I am anyway :p:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Your picure has changed. This confused me :yep:

And Becca-Sarah got there first :wink: She's probably better to look at it than I am anyway :p:

There are 2, so we can take one each?

I'm not that desperate to do them :wink: How about you pull them apart first, and then like a hyena, I shall munch on the leftovers? :colone:
Reply 1785
Original post by Wangers

Very much so, but then again, I love trauma and intensive care-type-things.

Good luck with your BSc apps - particularly Imperial - that course is super competitive - also from talking with people doing it I'm glad I'm not doing it. It's also a lot of anaesthesia as well as surgery - whereas mine has like one lecture on anaesthetics!
Original post by Philosoraptor
Good luck with your BSc apps - particularly Imperial - that course is super competitive - also from talking with people doing it I'm glad I'm not doing it. It's also a lot of anaesthesia as well as surgery - whereas mine has like one lecture on anaesthetics!

Ta :smile: It seems from talking to Impy students last weekend that it's very general surgery based, which isn't really my area of interest, so the anaesthetics stuff should be fun. I'm still debating whether to go for it - application is due less than 48hours after I finish my exams. How's your BSc going anyway? Enjoying it?
I'm not that desperate to do them :wink: How about you pull them apart first, and then like a hyena, I shall munch on the leftovers? :colone:

Ta :smile: It seems from talking to Impy students last weekend that it's very general surgery based, which isn't really my area of interest, so the anaesthetics stuff should be fun. I'm still debating whether to go for it - application is due less than 48hours after I finish my exams. How's your BSc going anyway? Enjoying it?

Thanks guys :smile: I'm not good at the whole personal statement thing, last practice was 3 years ago...:tongue:

Good luck Becca, did you come see ucl btw??
Original post by Wangers
Thanks guys :smile: I'm not good at the whole personal statement thing, last practice was 3 years ago...:tongue:

Good luck Becca, did you come see ucl btw??

Yeh, I was at the General Surgery conference at the Bloomsbury campus last weekend, so I've been round the Cruciform building and stuff. And stayed on the same street as the outpatient department for RNOH :awesome:
Yeh, I was at the General Surgery conference at the Bloomsbury campus last weekend, so I've been round the Cruciform building and stuff. And stayed on the same street as the outpatient department for RNOH :awesome:

How did you find it? Also what was the conference like, I was going to volunteer to help with it to get in free but then the LAS thing came up. My flatmate went to the Imperial trauma conference, did you go to that too?
Original post by Wangers
How did you find it? Also what was the conference like, I was going to volunteer to help with it to get in free but then the LAS thing came up. My flatmate went to the Imperial trauma conference, did you go to that too?

It was good! Very interesting speakers, some good practical stuff. Nah, my conference budget for the year is gone :frown:
First choice iBSc interview on Wed. ICA on Friday. RAG Fashion show next Tuesday. 6 weeks to the London Marathon. Four things I'm so totally unprepared for. :sigh:
I am never going to be an Immunologist. Ever.
I finished my Comm Skills coursework! Who says that leaving everything until the day before the deadline doesn't pay off?
Wow honesty really is the best policy :smile:.

I feel very relieved.
Original post by Philosoraptor
Wow honesty really is the best policy :smile:.

I feel very relieved.

:confused:
Original post by Fission_Mailed
I finished my Comm Skills coursework! Who says that leaving everything until the day before the deadline doesn't pay off?

I started writing my last essay 4 hours before the deadline and submitted it 6 minutes before the deadline. :sexface:

Can't wait for the marks! :awesome:
:confused:

Oh was getting pretty behind with my dissertation, and was burying my head in the sand - and basically acting as if eveyrthing was fine.

Admitted this to my tutor who has actually been reasonable (despite being a scary person :p:) and so I feel happy. :smile:

I haven't just murdered anybody and told the GMC or something haha.
I am never going to be an Immunologist. Ever.

Why? I hated immunology when we first approached it in 2nd year, but now at the end of my degree it's actually looks pretty interesting.