Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So today i deleted my facebook account ... i encourage you to also :P Watch

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Controversial maybe, a good thing certainly.

Reasons:
    - news feed is garbage mixed with either lies or exaggeration all made to make the person look like they have a life.
    - i dont care about what mundane everyday things people are doing, even if i know them.
    - its addictive and timewasting.
    - people add you as a number not as a friend.
    - its depressing the amount of garbage is posted.
    - nothing ever goes on there thats important or useful

challenge : go now and read your news feed what percentage of that is garbage

Ahahaha ust remebered people who post song lyrics or quotes that have nothing to do with their current situation, are used in the wrong context or are missprinted :L

ReputationRep:
    I don't get why people delete it. Why can't you just keep it but stop logging into it? And why do you have to tell people you're deleting it?

ReputationRep:
    Deleted or deactivated?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe if you give a reason you can encourage others to join you, as at the moment it is rather just show and tell.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    I don't get why people delete it. Why can't you just keep it but stop logging into it? And why do you have to tell people you're deleting it?
    I hate your sig ffs.

ReputationRep:
    Well done. FB makes me miserable for so many reasons, my mental health is intact when I stay away for a while.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you'll still be able to log in. They've got you forever now...

ReputationRep:
    Your Blue Peter badge is in the post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    If i delete it then i wont be compelled to log in to check the news feed pointlessly ...

ReputationRep:
    it worries me how much of my life is in its clutches..but Bejeweled is just too darn addictive for me to pull away from :teehee:

(Original post by Ebony19)
    Well done. FB makes me miserable for so many reasons, my mental health is intact when I stay away for a while.
    Mine's just dandy all the time.

:banana:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nacho King)
    If i delete it then i wont be compelled to log in to check the news feed pointlessly ...
    I deactivated mine a while back for this reason. The problem is that there are so many events that you miss, or don't find out about until the day before unless you're on fb. People just assume you have it, so no one thinks to call or text stuff that's happening. It's also a really good way to share photos and chat without using up your minutes/texts/credit.

Really, the best thing to do is just to try and be a little bit more strong-willed and not check it all the time. I read some article a while back that said people nowadays find it much harder to concentrate on things because we flick through pages too quickly on the internet, and I think the ability to access stuff immediately has also pretty much killed most people's willpower (and patience!).

ReputationRep:
    Well done to you sir.
    I deleted mine a few days ago and feel quite liberated. (:ahee:)
    I would find myself constantly checking for status updates on my ipod and then feeling depressed when all I saw was pointless status after status about the snow, or *****ing about something or someone, or 'had a good nittee last nitteeee xx'.
    Some times it's good to just shut your eyes from the pointless activities and thoughts in others ordinary lives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FXX)
    Mine's just dandy all the time.

:banana:
    penis

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachesishere)
    Well done to you sir.
    I deleted mine a few days ago and feel quite liberated. (:ahee:)
    I would find myself constantly checking for status updates on my ipod and then feeling depressed when all I saw was pointless status after status about the snow, or *****ing about something or someone, or 'had a good nittee last nitteeee xx'.
    Some times it's good to just shut your eyes from the pointless activities and thoughts in others ordinary lives.

The reveloution is growing!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have a dream ...
    Martin Luther King

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.