Grade 5 Music Theory Watch

Habitué
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
This is an exam that I've been putting off for years.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what I can do to learn the course, say from scratch (I have basic knowledge but too basic)?

Thanks very much!
Habitué
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Yes ABRSM

I've got their massive pink book which I'm working through slowly, but hopefully it'll only take a few months of studying until I can take the exam.

Thanks very much I really appreciate it and congrats for getting into Oxford, I always open those little UCAS spoiler forms.
Gob Bluth
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Work through the past papers. I generally did that and was getting averages of 80s towards the exam. However the exam on the day was harder than all my past papers and i only passed by one mark lol.
Rugar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
read the grade VI-VIII theory blue book to consolidate what you know. a good sight read of bach is always good for the theory too.
DrDixie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Just read the pink book, do as many past papers as you can and if you have a music teacher get them to run through some stuff with you. It really isn't that hard. Good luck!
Alexx53
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I only did grade 1 and 2 theory before I took Grade 5. What I did was, a couple of days before the exam, I went on some website (I don't remember which one), and noted down all the important looking stuff on a couple of A4 sheets. And then I just memorised all the stuff I wrote down.

I passed, so I guess it kinda helped.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (142)
17.95%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
26.93%
Not great so far... (283)
35.78%
I want to drop out! (153)
19.34%

Watched Threads