Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you consider this slutty? Watch

I'm 17, and want to wait for the right guy to have sex, but am happy doing other things (giving head etc). I'm not good in relationships (trust issues, long story that isn't worth going into/people won't bother to read a long post on here ), but I figure, as a single girl, kissing as many guys as I like is fine (on holiday, nights out etc). I've also given head to three guys in total. To me, that isn't bad at all (!!!), especially compared to a lot of girls in our sixth form, but my friends think it's really slutty and they bring it up a lot. Only one of them is a virgin. My question in this badly put ramble is, am I right in being completely confused by their feelings?
    (obv. anon because I know people on here)

I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

ReputationRep:
    I would consider it slutty if you only knew 3 guys

ReputationRep:
    No. Don't let pathetic misogynistic stereotypes define you.

ReputationRep:
    Lolz. Why should you be confused about their feelings?
    Kissing loads of guys just because you're single... it's hard for me to tell whether it's slutty or just really really promiscuous. If it went any further then that then yeah, it's definitely slutty IMO.
    Still wouldn't recommend you do it though, otherwise you might get called out for leading people on.

ReputationRep:
    not slutty. no harm in having fun whilst you're young!

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't really let it concern you.

ReputationRep:
    Are you asking if you're slutty for kissing loads of guys. Or if you're slutty for giving 3 a blowjob? Depends how many guys you know. If you know 3 and gave them all a blowjob...

ReputationRep:
    How do you know your not going to take it further one day without thinking about it properly?

ReputationRep:
    BumperBo has never called a virgin slutty
    it's just impossible for him to comprehend such a being

you're cool >_>b

I know more than three guys, just about :P One I met on holiday, one I was going out with, and one was on another holiday. I know I shouldn't care about their opinion, but it's hard when they all have the same one. I was talking to a close friend today, and they said a bit had been said behind my back about it, and I don't get it, because I am 17. I'm legal. I'm single. Maybe I just hate girls *****ing. :/

ReputationRep:
    Slut:
    a. A person, especially a woman, considered sexually promiscuous. i.e. having sex with many others
    b. A woman prostitute.

You don't seem to fall into either of these. So I would ignore others.

ReputationRep:
    if you new the guys theres nothing wrong with it the givein head i mean and its fine to kiss people you aloud you kiss your parents and friends what wrong wiht other people but if you didnt no the lads and you just gave them head then thats slutty and also if you didnt get anythin out off it then its your loss if yu get me

ReputationRep:
    OP sounds like me, except I'm eighteen, and have only given head to one person.
    We weren't in a relationship though, oh well.

I'd hardly call it slutty, and I know slutty when I see it.

(Original post by BumperBo)
    BumperBo has never called a virgin slutty
    it's just impossible for him to comprehend such a being

you're cool >_>b
    This made me laugh

ReputationRep:
    Not slutty Don't let your friends opinions bother you.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the word "slut" but if I were you I'd tone it down a bit. I've lost respect from friends before and it's really painful.

I would say YES, I mean why are you giving away your dignity to people who mean nothing to you??

Anon because most would say you're "a liberated woman" and "don't listen to misogynistic stereotypes" and would neg me, but yeah you have my opinion. Oh & I'm a girl.

ReputationRep:
    I hope you got something in return!

People judge, it's so easy, but so many of those people would be 'sluts' too, given half a chance. You can't knock it unless you've tried it really. I don't think you're a slut!

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I would say YES, I mean why are you giving away your dignity to people who mean nothing to you??

Anon because most would say you're "a liberated woman" and "don't listen to misogynistic stereotypes" and would neg me, but yeah you have my opinion. Oh & I'm a girl.

Why do you feel that it's giving away my dignity? Not getting angry with you for your opinion; I'm just interested in what it is that makes you think it.

ReputationRep:
    It's only slutty if you degrade yourself in your own eyes and feel like you're worth less for your actions. You could always call yourself 'the maneater' and see if it catches on with your friends XP

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 2, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.