Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I just found out Pepsi Max only has 0.3 calories Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    My mind was just ****ing blown. A can of Pepsi Max has less than 1 calorie, or 0.3 per 100ml. That's absolutely insane! Just thought I'd share my life-defining moment. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Groundbreaking

ReputationRep:
    And it only has enough aspartame to **** you up.

ReputationRep:
    I died.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    My mind was just ****ing blown. A can of Pepsi Max has less than 1 calorie, or 0.3 per 100ml. That's absolutely insane! Just thought I'd share my life-defining moment. :p:
    hence it's tag line zero sugar, great taste. Or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    Erm okay... But yeah, I knew that ages ago, I must admit I was surprised at first but it ****s up your insides with all the aspartame anyway so don't think you've escaped that easily.

Great, how about the kebab next to the can.

ReputationRep:
      Excuse me whilst I take all my clothes off
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cybergrad)
      Great, how about the kebab next to the can.
      I don't eat unhealthy food. :fyi:

I just noticed the can in my fridge, I guess my sister must drink it!

ReputationRep:
      Please stop with all the aspartame ****; it's been proven numerous times to be perfectly fine unless you consume unhuman amounts, in which case anything would damage you. It's also been, according to news sites, wikipedia and other forums, the subject of "countless internet hoaxes", which implies it's being blown out of all proportion.

Do you genuinely think such a widely consumed and used product would be continually used if there was undeniable proof of genuine risk to health?

ReputationRep:
      Yeah...but it's still Pepsi.

ReputationRep:
      I dont get this whole calorie counting ****. Its next to pointless.

Really, on the shelf, top right.

ReputationRep:
      Yes, and Dr Pepper lowers your sperm count.

ReputationRep:
      Is there actually any critically robust scientific evidence to support the assertion that Aspartame tears up your insides? No. Food companies introduced that myth into circulation because they make more profit out of the glucose/sucrose based stuff.

So enjoy your Pepsi Max.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SirRamAlot)
      I died.
      Gotta give props on your sig, some world class albums right there.

ReputationRep:
      Shame it tastes like Splenda dissolved in water

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Expendable)
      Do you genuinely think such a widely consumed and used product would be continually used if there was undeniable proof of genuine risk to health?
      Yes. Alcohol and cigarettes for a start.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Warrior078)
      Gotta give props on your sig, some world class albums right there.
      rep for recognition and appreciation.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by The Boney King of Nowhere)
      Yes. Alcohol and cigarettes for a start.
      Yes, because the government receives money from taxes etc, plus they are a form of drug where one receives a high/different state (such as drunkness) from. They're arguably a big part of British culture too, although I agree cigarettes should be banned.

I can only guess that someone downing a bottle of Pepsi Max isn't going to experience the same motion.

If Pepsi Max/Aspartame etc caused actual harm, they would have both limits and health warnings/labels on them as with cigarettes/alcohol.

ReputationRep:
      I didn't actually know that. Shows how effective their advertising is I suppose

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.