Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    this guy at work smells funny, would it be rude to tell him that he smells?

Do you think he knows he smells or can't notice it?

we tried to think of a nice way to tell him but it seemed a bit harsh

ReputationRep:
    With your nose covered

ReputationRep:
    With some deodorant.

ReputationRep:
    Talk to him ask him for some advice and pretend that one of your friend is smelly and you need to tell your friend about it but not in a harsh way. When he gives you some advice, take it and do it to him the next day.
    That should work (I hope)

ReputationRep:
    you should walk past him few times spraying deodorant on him lol

ReputationRep:
    Why is it your responsibility? Do you not have a manager or someone with tact who can approach the person on a more official level?

And define funny. Is he simply eating garlic? Or is he on certain medications -legal- which are excreted through the skin?

Honestly, you would do better leaving it to the adults rather than rushing in like little miss officious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    Talk to himm ask him for some advice and pretend that one of your friend is smelly and you need to tell your friend about it but not in a harsh way. When he gives you some advice, take it and do it to him the next day.
    That should work (I hope)
    That's a good idea. Seconded.

ReputationRep:
    Kristina me quiere.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    From a great distance.

Only joking. I would be pretty careful - does he seem like a confident guy? This sort of thing can be self-esteem destroying*. Are you good friends with him, and if not do you know any of his good friends that you could talk to and ask if they could bring it up?

*Don't ask how I know

Your first point of contact in such situations should be your manager......................unl ess the smelly person is the manager.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.